• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Troots again

Thrasher

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
A bit of a late report from Monday on the loch.
I got up and out fairly early and was on the loch by 7am, I like an early start.
As I was setting up there were fish rising all overvthe place but it was flat calm which would be tricky. I could see plenty of buzzers dancing about at the boathouse.
Set up with the 10ft slow sink tip and my go to two lures and managed three fish fairly quickly but it was not easy with no wind to move the boat. The tactic was to spot two or three in an area and get under way with the electric out board and glide into their general area try and cover them and then move on.
Disaster struck early on as my battery packed in. No shame to it as it is well past its sell by date but annoying all the same. On went the spare.
The lures were not doing it really so I went on the washing line, crunchers, DB'S, cormorants, snatchers, feck all? There were three differnet types of rise going on, subsurface swirls, slow head and tail and spashy agressive rises. Onto the dries, many many dries, feck all.
By this time a good bit of breeze had got up so the boat was drifting well, decided shock and awe was the way to go. Sink tip with two fabs on the droppers and a bead head blob on the tail. Spot a rising fish, try and cover it as best I could and rip them back at 90mph. It worked. Some of the beams from the trout folliwing and hard takes were fantastic to see. Not an everday method and not really how I like to fish but they were very finicky for some reason.
Saw a couple of olives fly past which explains the big splashy rises and what I suspected might be hatching. Break out the Greenwells for next trip.

Great report Thrash! Sounds like an interesting puddle dipping session! ??(y)(y)

Good report mate. Swirls and head and tail rises would indicate to me that they're taking "emergers" so I'd be reaching for klinkhammers or sugar cube buzzers.

Back