• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Trout Fishing

Beach

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
I have just booked a days fly fishing for trout on Tuesday, it will be good to waggle my (Danish) A Jensen #6/7 fly rod again. Will take my Sage #5 weight rod as a spare in just in case. Greys grxi reels.

Last edited:
I'm out Sunday, had my first lesson Tuesday this week after a total of 5 sessions having a go myself. Hopefully get a few fish out, Blagdon or Chew, not decided yet.
Good luck if the weather is settled then, best with a boat on reservoirs. The more you practice the easier it becomes bacon good luck and hope you catch your limit.(y)

Good luck if the weather is settled then, best with a boat on reservoirs. The more you practice the easier it becomes bacon good luck and hope you catch your limit.(y)
We went on a res near us and wanted 4 boats, he only had 5 good oars and two broken ones :ROFLMAO:
He charged us half price, useless as the wind was blowing us back to one side we could not keep still, got money back off him.

Cheers mate, you too. Where you headed?

There was a boat available at blagdon earlier, but may have been booked already.
I'm happy on the bank though!

I'm waiting for a bit of rain after this long dry spell before getting out on the ri\/er with a few worms. May find an early sewin as well.
I used to fly fish for Sewin & Salmon at night time as had more catches then.

Cheers mate, you too. Where you headed?

There was a boat available at blagdon earlier, but may have been booked already.
I'm happy on the bank though!
I am going to Albury Estates, Surrey which is fly only, the bl**dy reservoirs near me Bewl, Kent / Hanningfield Essex are any method so I give them a miss. I don't go fish mongering.

I'm waiting for a bit of rain after this long dry spell before getting out on the ri\/er with a few worms. May find an early sewin as well.
Ditto , rivers are very low , I suppose I could try Llaugharne on the flood but it's a busy place so I will wait for rain and fish the Whitland area , about 5/6 miles above tidal at the lowest stretch. Worms for sewin only allowed from 1st May around here but you can fish worm for brownies now.??

Ditto , rivers are very low , I suppose I could try Llaugharne on the flood but it's a busy place so I will wait for rain and fish the Whitland area , about 5/6 miles above tidal at the lowest stretch. Worms for sewin only allowed from 1st May around here but you can fish worm for brownies now.??
What no fly fishing for them? :(

Our trout lakes have been stocked with a few Arctic Char, will be interesting to see if I can catch one.

Our trout lakes have been stocked with a few Arctic Char, will be interesting to see if I can catch one.
I am sure i read that above where we have caravan there is a lake that has artic char wild in there, it is one of the rarest species found in Britain, they reckon they were here since the ice age.

If I could give a newbie flyfisher a piece of advice it would be concentrate on presentation of a cast rather than distance, and always fish the margins before casting towards the centre of a Loch or lake. You'll be surprised at how many trout are caught no more than a rod length from the bank.

If I could give a newbie flyfisher a piece of advice it would be concentrate on presentation of a cast rather than distance, and always fish the margins before casting towards the centre of a Loch or lake. You'll be surprised at how many trout are caught no more than a rod length from the bank.
Don’t listen to this kebab eating sweaty sock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but it is good advice

Well I blanked today at Blagdon, was v.cold this morning. Then dead calm and sun shining most of the day. wind picked up in the afternoon but I couldn't buy a bite.

No other bank anglers appeared to be catchingz I saw 2 fish caught by boats in the afternoon and that was it. Normally I see trout cruising, but saw none today. Did see a few jack pike though, so not completely devoid of fish life around me!

Hope your session goes better mate

Back