• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Advice Up and over rig?

i think I will tie some of these first as I don't want to be faffing with springs etc although I do have a packet of trident up and overs.
I use breakaway adjustable crimps with the hang over springs easy to set up ?

I made up a few from Mark WIlliams video earlier in the year. I think Mark used Trident gear, but I used the neoprene lined adjustable crimps from Breakaway. Not a fan of crimps but the Breakaway ones are good. The rigs worked well at Beesands, apart from all 5 of us only catching 3 Spider crabs & 1 Doggie all day!

I like it for cod only mod is a bit of tube or silicon to push the line out past the grip lead if thats what i am using.
I do use a 40lb amnesia hook length which has never snapped on a cast yet. I finish with a 5/0 vmc pennel.
I use a splashdown to retain the hook and a 5ft hook length. I use a genie big bait clip at the top.

Last edited:
I like it for cod only mod is a bit of tube or silicon to push the line out past the grip lead if thats what i am using.
I do use a 40lb amnesia hook length which has never snapped on a cast yet. I finish with a 5/0 vmc pennel.
I use a splashdown to retain the hook and a 5ft hook length. I use a genie big bait clip at the top.
Watched one of Mark Williams videos last night, a receng one, and he had a length of tubing on his up and over as you have described. He must have incorpirated it after the video was made that tramps put up.

Here,s a rig i use for cod fishing when i want the bait nailed down to the sea bed. 100lb rig body, big game, 40lb hook length , amnesia. Tubing takes the stretch at the line in place of a str spring which on our coast gets clogged up with sand. the two bottom crimps are fixed and the rig is fully adjustable by using neoprene stop knots. The line goes over a modified rotten body clip with a swivel as this keeps every thing dead straight when under casting pressure.

Attachments

• 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    548.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    339.5 KB · Views: 22
Back