• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Advice Vintage Tackle

Shakespeare made some reasonably expensive rod as well. I bought a "Legend" reduced from £175 down to £100 around the same time as the Moonrakers were being sold for less than £50
I had a Legend. Black/grey rod with nifty translucent finishing?

I quite liked it but unfortunately I must have left it in a hot car at some point because the last couple of feet warped and went into a sort of corkscrew pigs tail. ?

I had a Legend. Black/grey rod with nifty translucent finishing?

I quite liked it but unfortunately I must have left it in a hot car at some point because the last couple of feet warped and went into a sort of corkscrew pigs tail. ?
I was always worried about that happening mid cast. The butt seemed very light and thin. I lengthened one by about 13 inches with a 3ft piece of ally and used it reel down. Used to cast like a dream for me. Some bastard robbed it

Needless to say these days no rods get left in the car overnight in the summer.
Sometimes if I come back very late and I’m knackered I’ll just leave the box or rucksack where it is if there’s no bait or fish to sort, but the rods always come out.

I was always worried about that happening mid cast. The butt seemed very light and thin. I lengthened one by about 13 inches with a 3ft piece of ally and used it reel down. Used to cast like a dream for me. Some bastard robbed it
If it’s the same rod, it was my first ‘decent’ rod and I quite liked it but just couldn’t use it after it warped.
You could still fish with it but that curly effect just hurt my eyes and I just couldn’t bring myself to use it after that.

Thieving feckers!

If it’s the same rod, it was my first ‘decent’ rod and I quite liked it but just couldn’t use it after it warped.
You could still fish with it but that curly effect just hurt my eyes and I just couldn’t bring myself to use it after that.

Thieving feckers!
Sounds it. thick high build varnish spiral graphite grey with black carbon cross weave

Back