• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Weekend Plans

Mike

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Boat
Anybody got any weekend plans? My plan was to fish on Sunday but due to the lockdown in those counties, it has put a few of the areas out I was going to fish. The weather doesn't look too clever, either. Might have to crack open a beer and have a think!

Going to be a tad wet and windy but I'll be fishing the daa match at Dungeness on Sunday!

We still have a bit of time left, into November at guess, normally change to bait fishing to hunt for the doubles that are feeding hard before they leave. shame is about finished for there.

Never really have a good season here conditioned wise 9/10 the sea color is like the Bristol channel on a good day

Our club had a match today at Holland-on-sea. Just whiting, flats and dogs. I’m glad I decided not to fish it, it hasn’t stopped raining all day and is still raining as I type.

Our club had a match today at Holland-on-sea. Just whiting, flats and dogs. I’m glad I decided not to fish it, it hasn’t stopped raining all day and is still raining as I type.
Your not the only one I chickened out as well, it looked very nasty on the Felixstowe webcam and Holland was even more exposed to that wind.

Hi chaps, I did hope to get out Friday but it's my first go for the season and it was blowing a gale plus rain so I decided nah, once upon a time I would have but I'm to long in the tooth these days ?

Rough weather = COD!!
That is debatable, I would say that calmer weather after the big blow is better as the fish prefer not to be smashed to pieces in the rough surf at the waters edge and retreat to a safe distance until it is calmer.

Where I fish in the humber rough sea means weed and more weed,I can stand bit of rain, cross wind etc but weed I hate with a passion

Maybe not the weekend but it may be worth a go in the next couple of days after the big blow at the weekend.

Going to recce a cheeky little rock mark in daylight with my M8 on Friday, with a view to doing an all nighter later in the month.
First trip this year with the heavy stuff.

Back