• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North Wales Welsh Beauty.

Kevin3110

Reaction score
Couple of weeks nearly since my last outing with the lures having done a little bait fishing last week instead targeting the hounds locally.
Anyway, first session of the week was on Tuesday night. Ideal conditions though I would have preferred HW a little later than 10:04pm, the full moon meant it was a VERY! Light evening and normally I’m not a fan but the urge to fish was too great. Very quiet night but perseverance paid off 20min into the ebb when my Patchinko 140 gets nailed again at distance. I said to the lad fishing to my left I’d hooked up but believed it to be a schoolie. At this point the fish I believe didn’t know it was hooked and is swimming towards me, around 30ft from the shoreshe goes ballistic ? I now realise it’s better than first thought and I catch the first glimpse of her under the moonlight sky, patch in mouth. A couple of squeaky bum moments as I wade back to shore but she’s mine. A really well conditioned fish I quickly measure her at 63cm and she’s a proper Welsh beauty, quick pic and wade back out to release her.

Even though I fished on until midnight that was the only interest in the lure all night, strange really as there was fish in the area....... but can’t catch ‘em all I suppose.

Session two came last night and the urge to hit the later HW tide got the better of me, I should be decorating too but that can wait ?. I leave a little later with the plan being to fish 2hrs up and 1down.

Roll up to see a familiar face and also @Roccobrown24nice to meet you mate. ?

With signs again of fish in the area this time it was 20min before HW when the blank was beaten with a solid little fish taking a liking to the 125 Patchinko on this occasion but again in the yellow colour.

Right on HW I doubled my tally for the night with another fish of similar size.

Again though as the previous night it didn’t quite fire and other than a dropped fish on a Nacre Patchinko that was it.

I reluctantly called an end to proceedings shortly after midnight and headed back towards the car.
With a Bbq planned for Saturday and the small matter of a Champions League final to contest that night and also having promised the kids a trip to the zoo Sunday it’ll be next week now before I bother any more silvers ?.

Tight lines ????

It’s a good job your not playing Albion in the chumpions league final ?

Looks like you and Andy going head to head in the footy as well as the bass stakes as isn’t he a Citeh fan ?

It’s a good job your not playing Albion in the chumpions league final ?

Looks like you and Andy going head to head in the footy as well as the bass stakes as isn’t he a Citeh fan ?

Yeah, Andy’s a City fan....... only bragging rights at stake on Saturday night and hopefully we don’t play as poorly as we did against Leicester. No competition on the bass front, just nice that we’re both out and consistently catching our quarry.

Back