• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

What are your favourite bass fishing conditions?

jambop

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
I have been totally bored today it has been cold and sleety wet so thought I would start a topic off o_O
So what about it then what conditions and situations do you like to be bass fishing in? Myself I like it to be warm and dry with a gentle off shore breeze but with a nice wave causing a bit of foam over shallow'ish not too rough ground... not too much to ask is it? So why are we sitting freezing our tits off hoping for a change to these conditions?

I have been totally bored today it has been cold and sleety wet so thought I would start a topic off o_O
So what about it then what conditions and situations do you like to be bass fishing in? Myself I like it to be warm and dry with a gentle off shore breeze but with a nice wave causing a bit of foam over shallow'ish not too rough ground... not too much to ask is it? So why are we sitting freezing our tits off hoping for a change to these conditions?
In SW France? A bottle of Bordeaux should sort it out. Regards fishing for bass, a tide/current running about 2-4 knots and prawns or sandeels free spooling with no weights.

In SW France? A bottle of Bordeaux should sort it out. Regards fishing for bass, a tide/current running about 2-4 knots and prawns or sandeels free spooling with no weights.
I tend to drink the wine of my appellation which is Madiran a deep robust tannic red or Saint Mont a touch more Bordeaux style . Just my opinion but unless you a drinking a fine wine... and these are costly and even then still, Bordeaux is well over rated. Drinking wine from the many different appellations really does open ones eyes... of course being Scottish the price has to reflect the experience. I was up at a grand cru class chateau in St Emillion the other year and their wine at £26 a pop was meh at best. Mind you some of these grand cru wines are historic and do not reflect that price/experience quotient I am looking for :ROFLMAO:
Now as to the fishing I am going to be trying small whole, two or three to a hook, float fished prawns see what I can bag. At the same time I will be ledgering with strips of mackerel/squid /prawn and possible a third rod casting a three hook flapper rig using the same trying for Bream or bass. The weather is set to be better next week so I might just get down there!

Last edited:
Nuit St Georges for red, Macon Villages (Lyon Region). Epernay for vintage champagne.

Nuit St Georges for red, Macon Villages (Lyon Region). Epernay for vintage champagne.

Yes Burgundian wines and of the style are pleasant. I don't go for very expensive wines to be honest but a nice bottle of Julienas is very pleasant. Sorry but vintage champagne count me out, probably the most over-rated beverage available to man...and then some! But just my opinion.

Yes Burgundian wines and of the style are pleasant. I don't go for very expensive wines to be honest but a nice bottle of Julienas is very pleasant. Sorry but vintage champagne count me out, probably the most over-rated beverage available to man...and then some! But just my opinion.
Spanish Rioja is nice for lunch as well as a decent Chateauneuf du Pape. The champers goes well with Oysters.;)

15 ft waves, howling inshore gale, horizontal rain, life threatening swells.
Well..
That's usual innit?

because every time I've been on holiday to the ,north Cornish coast it's the bassiest looking sea but completely unsuitable for my patchinkos.

Back