• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

What’s your go to.......

Kevin3110

Reaction score
What’s your go to rigs when shore fishing? Obviously different venues require possibly a different approach but most of my fishing would be using the following.
In no particular order

1. Up and over
2. Pulley
3. 1 up 1 down

100% right mate, they are the easest to make on the fly or change. At one stage up and over was my fav, but pully does it all, then change rig if nothing is happening

Pulley
Flapper
Up n over

But all depends where I am and what I’m doing. Lots of pulleys I must admit. So quick to tie and even on clean beaches they work fine for me, although I appreciate that’s not what they’re designed for

X3 hook "cascade" rig for the flatties on the Tay...I'm calling it a cascade rig because of the cascade swivels used but probably another name for it too.

All depends on what I am targeting and the conditions

General match fishing is a 3 hook clip down with hooks #6 to #2/0
Plaice, two hook loop rig or up and over wishbone or wishbone loop rig. Hooks #4 to #1/0
Skate, up and over pennell. Hooks #6/0 top is a circle
Cod and spiky sea rats, fixed paternoster pennel. Hooks'2/0 to 10/0 top is a circle
Very very very rough ground when all other rigs have failed and as an absolute last resort, pulley rig. Hooks various sizes and of a wire that will bend if needed.

Back