• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Where to fish in Cornwall

ROCK ROVER

Reaction score
Hi I'm taking advantage of the sun's £9-50 holidays
So heading to Cornwall June time
I want to be a hrs drive to river taymar and say Mevagissey

So I'm looking at Polperro as a base I will be lure fishing so is there any good marks around the area don't mind a bit of a climb

Can't help ya mate unfortunately - I'm the other side of the Tamar and anything that involves a climb rules me out these days.

So I'm looking at Polperro as a base
SW Coast Path between Polperro and Talland Bay one or two access points along the way that give access to deep water.Google Maps will give you an idea.Particularly like the area just before Talland Bay where the Coastal Path does a sharp left,there's a path down to the rocks.You can park up at Talland Bay near the Cafe and make your way westward along the path only a walk of about a couple of hundred yards.Well worth the effort.Just as the path turns right the access point is there you can't miss it.You can even see it on Google Maps,have a butchers.The other side of Tallend Bay is also productive.

Last edited:
Hi I'm taking advantage of the sun's £9-50 holidays
So heading to Cornwall June time
I want to be a hrs drive to river taymar and say Mevagissey

So I'm looking at Polperro as a base I will be lure fishing so is there any good marks around the area don't mind a bit of a climb
Sea view at boswinger may have chalets???

Hi cfish
Thats not on the sun's list I've got 3 choices
Killigrath Manor
Park Holidays
Both Polperro
Parkdean resort st Martin by Looe

Can not remember where we stayed Nr Looe, may have been the Manor one, it rings a bell.

I wanted to fish the end of the banjo pier but was closed to fishing at the date we were there a good few years ago now.

A mate of mine has stayed at St austell travel lodge whilst down fishing, might be the cheapest option????
Rates have shot up for June,it's cheaper at Premier Inn.Plus you haven't got the hassle of boy racers at McDonalds and KFC 24/7.Parking is also easier at Premier Inn free.First come first served basis at Travelodge the rest pay.

Last edited:
Back