• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North Wales Whoooooops

I saw something similar here at Aberystwyth a few years ago. Fishing in the harbour entrance and keeping an eye open for incoming traffic and realised early on that it was going to miss the entrance. Was so intrigued that I stopped paying attention to what I was doing and managed to put hook into my right thumb. Went in past the barb so could not get it out but the goings on were too good to miss. I did pack up but only to go stand on the prom to watch the drama as the quite expensive looking yacht got pounded by waves and desperate efforts were made by the lifeboat crews to save it. In the end the boat got a bit destroyed and the crew had to be winched off using cunning ropes and some sort of chair thing.

A couple of years ago a trawler came out of Sutton harbour and ran straight onto Mountbatten breakwater, this was in the dark

A couple of years ago a trawler came out of Sutton harbour and ran straight onto Mountbatten breakwater, this was in the dark
was it the "admiral blake"??? Lol I know a skipper that rammed the harbour there but that might have been a separate incident.

I hope whoever was piloting it, it wasn’t one of those chaps who are paid to move expensive boats around from one port to another at the behalf of the owners.

was it the "admiral blake"??? Lol I know a skipper that rammed the harbour there but that might have been a separate incident.

I don’t remember I know it was In the dark , it’s a big breakwater, I don’t know now they could ram it

Back