• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Wot fish was this ?

Yeah thanks guys thought it looked Hakey weird that it washed up at east Devon arnt they deep water wreak fish ? And yes @jackjock that is a mean set of gnashers ?

Looks like Jake the Hake, no middle leg though. o_O:giggle:

I can remember when it was pretty common in the chippies. It was always first choice
I've been meaning to ask about this! As a child we once got fish and chips from a place in folkstone. I remember it being slightly pink meat, oily, salty and very tasty, not particularly "fishy". It was battered and resembled an eel of some kind but I do remember it was either hake or huss.

That sound like hake to you?

I've been meaning to ask about this! As a child we once got fish and chips from a place in folkstone. I remember it being slightly pink meat, oily, salty and very tasty, not particularly "fishy". It was battered and resembled an eel of some kind but I do remember it was either hake or huss.

That sound like hake to you?
That sounds like huss more than hake. Hake is white and although the fish are quite long and thin it was normally sold in cutlets with a central bone. Huss on the other hand is a bit pinkish and more eel like. Huss is a lot firmer than hake, quite springy whilst hake is softer

That sounds like huss more than hake. Hake is white and although the fish are quite long and thin it was normally sold in cutlets with a central bone. Huss on the other hand is a bit pinkish and more eel like. Huss is a lot firmer than hake, quite springy whilst hake is softer
Peeps pay good money to catch dogs,skate and straps on charters in wales! Fek that!

Thankyou, wish I could remember for sure but that sounds quite likely

Back