• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Online Your Favourite Online Tackle Shops

Mike

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Boat
Please post in your favourite online tackle shops below.

Please remember to use one reply per shop.
  • Comments and discussions about the shops will be removed, this is purely a list of shops that people can search down to find one local to them or a venue they will be using.
  • You can use the UPVOTE arrows at the side of each reply to upvote shops you've had excellent service from. These shops will then move in order based on the number of UPVOTES they've had.

In that case Pete . Abbotsbury angling gets my vote always provides quality bait . I also use tackle trader in Newton Abbot for bits n bobs including bait mainly frozen but they do have good ragworm and if your lucky fresh peeler .
Its true though isnt it...... the internet is kinda not important, the only thing we all do is use it for convenience and price checking.

As far as fishing goes where we buy our tackle is not the most important place to any of us......... its the local or even the not so local bloke who is important and gives us the bait thats who is actually important.

There probably 10 good online retailers and frankly I dont give a shit about them they are just people I give my card details to. The person that matters is the bloke who hands me 100 decent blacks at 6.30pm on a grim November evening that allows me to chance my arm for a cod, he matters the others they are all just a load o bollox to me.

Upvote 0
Abbo tackle best bait buy far
Westbay best stocked
Lyme Regis most knowledgeable and forward thinking tackle( hookups get involved)
Seaton tackle getting better all the time 👍
West Bay I like.

Take some gold bullion for the pop up beads at Abbo 😂😂😂😂😂

Upvote 1
Abbo tackle best bait buy far
Westbay best stocked
Lyme Regis most knowledgeable and forward thinking tackle( hookups get involved)
Seaton tackle getting better all the time 👍
May be good Joe, no good for me living in Sussex.:unsure:

Upvote 0
There are quite a few good tackle shops for sea fishing gear & bait here. I've used Rob's bait & tackle & Plymouth angling centre a few times last year.

On @John Mitchell's excellent recommendation, I've used SouthWest Sea baits many times for bait, but they moved a few months ago into a unit where our commercial fish quay is located. Not needed bait since they moved, and there is ANPR cameras on the Fish quay so not sure about parking. I think John said if you give the shop your car registration, you can park there for 30mins, but not been down to test the theory. Don't want a ticket, and there's nowhere else nearby to park.

Upvote 0
There are quite a few good tackle shops for sea fishing gear & bait here. I've used Rob's bait & tackle & Plymouth angling centre a few times last year.

On @John Mitchell's excellent recommendation, I've used SouthWest Sea baits many times for bait, but they moved a few months ago into a unit where our commercial fish quay is located. Not needed bait since they moved, and there is ANPR cameras on the Fish quay so not sure about parking. I think John said if you give the shop your car registration, you can park there for 30mins, but not been down to test the theory. Don't want a ticket, and there's nowhere else nearby to park.
You have 30 minutes from the time you drive in to the fish quay , should be ample to get your bait

Upvote 0
You have 30 minutes from the time you drive in to the fish quay , should be ample to get your bait
I thought I'd remembered you saying that John. I meant to ask you whether there is a wet fish counter down there? Thought I saw something in the local rag a while ago. Thought about going down for some tasty Plaice.

Upvote 0
I thought I'd remembered you saying that John. I meant to ask you whether there is a wet fish counter down there? Thought I saw something in the local rag a while ago. Thought about going down for some tasty Plaice.
If you want tasty plaice , we can go beesands or east portlemouth and catch proper fresh plaice

Upvote 0
If you want tasty plaice , we can go beesands or east portlemouth and catch proper fresh plaice
Good idea, but still not good with this bloody chest infection Wifey donated to me. It's not shifting.

Upvote 0
Back