• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Zombie sheep lake 24-25/06/22

ouchthathurt

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Having managed to slink off work early, I shot home and grabbed the carp gear, a few kg of my home made boilies and threw it all into the boot of the car, off out the traps like a greyhound and off through Rye to get to my favourite lake. Having cut through town, I went to take the back roads to find they were closed for roadworks so I had to take the diversion! This added about 15min to a 30min journey, so by the time I was cutting through the country roads I was itching to get there, it’s a fairly small venue and swims were at a premium. In my haste, I rather heavily clipped the curb at about 25mph, with that a warning light on the dash came on! “Airbag failure” lol! I got to the lake and shot round to my favourite swim, quickly set up and fired out three rods to a gravel patch about 60yrds out. With that, the home was erected and I sat back to enjoy the peace and quiet. A2A7CCF2-6513-4612-A61E-797B52180082.jpegWithin the hour, I had a screaming take, which after a spirited fight, produced an 18lb common. 47979F02-D79D-4FBA-A4DF-67179F9A9C3C.jpegSoon after, I had a double take, one was a 5lb eel!! ???he was promptly returned, the other was a 23lb 3oz common so I gathered the photographers, lifted the sling onto the mat, unveiled her in all her majesty, held her up for the first pic… when she decided enough was enough and she leapt out of my arms and into the pond, unphotographed… our combined laughter soon rang out over the East Sussex countryside… so no pics of that one! The rest of the night passed uneventfully, so I went home happy.

Puddle dipping not my thing Ouchy, but great report mate! Well done, & hope the car is OK. ????

It was a Pb, by 3oz but I wasn’t wrestling with it for a pic!
Wet cloth over the eyes/head.
Then with a wet hand, gentle stroke down the length of the body.
Chills them out.
The more forceful you are, the more they wrestle back.

On the first night I ever fished it, never seen the place before, just took a punt on the ticket as it was cheap, £40 a year. it was a wild and windy night and I really wasn’t feeling it, the place was full of sheep, being located slap bang in the middle of a sheep farm. As it was getting dark, I saw a white mass floating in and coming to rest under the rod tips, sticking a torch on it, I saw it was a dead sheep! I retired to my carp cot in disgust, at dawn I was going home! Next morning I woke up and remembered the dead sheep, rolled over to face the lake and as I opened my eyes, there was a loud “baaaaa!” and there was a sheep staring at me through the bivvy door. I nearly jumped through the roof. The dead sheep had gone so I naturally assumed the sheep in the bivvy door must have been a zombie sheep come back from the dead…

I didn’t return for 8 months then fell in love with the place, I call it that as it’s a small venue which is ignored by the majority, so I don’t reveal the real name as I want the place to myself!

On the first night I ever fished it, never seen the place before, just took a punt on the ticket as it was cheap, £40 a year. it was a wild and windy night and I really wasn’t feeling it, the place was full of sheep, being located slap bang in the middle of a sheep farm. As it was getting dark, I saw a white mass floating in and coming to rest under the rod tips, sticking a torch on it, I saw it was a dead sheep! I retired to my carp cot in disgust, at dawn I was going home! Next morning I woke up and remembered the dead sheep, rolled over to face the lake and as I opened my eyes, there was a loud “baaaaa!” and there was a sheep staring at me through the bivvy door. I nearly jumped through the roof. The dead sheep had gone so I naturally assumed the sheep in the bivvy door must have been a zombie sheep come back from the dead…

I didn’t return for 8 months then fell in love it’s a small venue which is ignored by the majority, so I don’t reveal the real name as I want the place to myself!
I bet you do you dirty sod.

Back