• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Advice Zziplex Gb3 Lite guides

Cliqueyfish

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Hi, I have a, zziplex Gb3 Lite which is, going in for a rebuild at some stage, I stripped it at Christmas and forgot the guide sizes on the blank...

Has anyone got a gb3 lite so they could tell me the guide sizes, I'm thinking 30, 25, 20 on the middle section, then 16* (should this be a 20mm?) 16 12 12 12 and then tip?
I've seen pics of some gb3 with the 30mm on the butt section, 25mm and 20mm on mid and the others on tip - I may do this for hybrid use

Try a search online as there's guide spacing charts for most of the zzippies out there, though to be fair the GB3s were fairly rare. Bear in mind that these charts are just recommendations and given the variances in individual blanks, new to used and importantly reel positioning, you shouldn't be afraid to alter and adapt to suit your build. If you ask me the term 'hybrid ringing' is mostly sales bullocks from brands wanting to half the number of build options to make their life/sales easier! All builds are compromises between enough guides to do the job efficiently and the minimum you can get away away with, but generally I'd rather have one small intermediate guide too many than too few. If in doubt firstly decide where you want your reel position/s to be and then tape your guides on - trial and error with your chosen reels will show you the answers. Static bench tests are fine for downtide boat rods but there's no substitute for proper trialling with any form of casting rod in my opinion.

Here's the what I got from my saved database

GB3 LITE 3 piece MULTIPLIER
5 11 18 27 38 52 70 96
8+Tip

GB3 LITE 3 piece
FIXED
SPOOL
8 18 30 45 65 95
6+Tip

Can't find any sizing so just pick your own starting with
10 or 12 down to 25/30mm for multi
12 or 16 down to 40/50mm for fs
or if you've loads of tape try other ways like KC, Concept, Low Riders. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Back