A step by step guide to building a boat 2-hook gurnard rig.
1. Start with a size 4 rolling swivel and tie on 12-inches of 60lb clear mono.
2. To the end of the mono tie on a size 4 three way swivel by an end eye.
3. To the other end swivel eye tie on 20-inches of 60lb clear mono.
4. Slide on a 5mm bead, a size 4 link swivel by the connector eye, another 5mm bead, then tie on a size 4 rolling swivel. The link swivel takes the lead weight.
5. The top hook trace is 10-inches of 20/25lb Fluoro carbon or clear mono tied to the middle eye of the three way swivel.
6. The lower hook trace is 12-inches of 20/25lb Fluoro carbon or clear mono.
7. To both hook lengths slide on four alternate red and white or red and pearl beads as attractors.
8. Kamasan B940 Aberdeen’s size 2 or Sakuma equivalents are a favourite pattern for general fishing, but for specimen fish go up to a size 2/0.
You can attach your main line direct to the top of the 3-way swivel to eliminate the top swivel, but I prefer not too as the extra swivel minimises line twist.