• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North Wales Another week and still catching.

Andy 1965

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
It’s been a hectic few days and there’s no sign of things slowing down yet, so there’s no long-winded report from me this week (hears a massive sigh of relief :ROFLMAO:) but here is a brief summary of how I get on.

First off was Wednesday night, when I re-visited an old haunt for the first time this year. With the full moon and massive tides at 31.5ft, I wasn’t sure if the flow might be too much but I needn’t have worried. Things started off quietly but as soon as the sun dipped below the horizon, the place sprang into life. For the last 90 minutes of the flood the air was filled with the sound of hungry fish.

With so much life in front of me, I expected to do better but I wasn’t complaining about 2 perfectly conditioned bass, the best at 52cm, around 3.5lb, and the second a bit smaller at 2.5lbish :giggle:
Bass_32_2021.jpg

Bass_33_2021.jpg

Next up was Thursday night, and with the only difference in conditions being the slightly later high tide, I couldn’t resist a return visit. Expecting a similar story to the previous evening, I didn’t expect much in daylight but I passed the time as best as I could while I waited for the witching hour.

Strangely, the sound of feeding fish was largely missing this time but the bass were still there, and I finished the evening with another 5 perfectly conditioned schoolies (y).
Bass_34_2021.jpg

Bass_35_2021.jpg

Bass_36_2021.jpg

Not a bad return considering I wasn’t overly confident of doing well in the conditions ;).

After a brace of lure sessions there was no time to rest and on Friday night I was out again, for the second club match of the season, a local affair at Dwygyfylchi beach. Though conditions had screamed bass earlier in the week, the surf was all but gone by the time we met up and with flat calm conditions we didn’t know what to expect.

With bass likely to be a bit scarce, my tactics were to go for the dogs from the start but if I’m honest, I think most of the lads had the same idea :LOL:. As expected things were quiet over low water but after an hour or so of the flood, and just as the light began to fade, I had my first bite of the night. The next 90 minutes were kind to me with a bite a chuck and though Steve A and Ady, who were fishing either side of me also had bites, they missed most of theirs, managing a solitary dog each, while I steadily built up a bag of 3 dogs and a flounder.
Match catch - May 2021.jpg

As the last 90 minutes of the match got underway, things got very quiet and as I struggled to even get bites, news filtered down the beach of a few more dogs and a solitary bass being caught :oops:. Needing a result after my poor showing in the previous match, things were getting a bit tense to say the least but a decent whiting 20 minutes before the end helped to settle the nerves a little.

Once the final whistle blew, we all headed back to the cars, where thankfully I was confirmed the winner with a bag weight of 2.37kg :love:, comfortably clear of joint second place bags of 1.68kg.

So it’s been a good week for me on the fishing front, and with a week off work now and settled conditions forecast, I’m hoping for more of the same next week ;).

It’s been a hectic few days and there’s no sign of things slowing down yet, so there’s no long-winded report from me this week (hears a massive sigh of relief :ROFLMAO:) but here is a brief summary of how I get on.

First off was Wednesday night, when I re-visited an old haunt for the first time this year. With the full moon and massive tides at 31.5ft, I wasn’t sure if the flow might be too much but I needn’t have worried. Things started off quietly but as soon as the sun dipped below the horizon, the place sprang into life. For the last 90 minutes of the flood the air was filled with the sound of hungry fish.

With so much life in front of me, I expected to do better but I wasn’t complaining about 2 perfectly conditioned bass, the best at 52cm, around 3.5lb, and the second a bit smaller at 2.5lbish :giggle:
View attachment 9863

View attachment 9864

Next up was Thursday night, and with the only difference in conditions being the slightly later high tide, I couldn’t resist a return visit. Expecting a similar story to the previous evening, I didn’t expect much in daylight but I passed the time as best as I could while I waited for the witching hour.

Strangely, the sound of feeding fish was largely missing this time but the bass were still there, and I finished the evening with another 5 perfectly conditioned schoolies (y).
View attachment 9865

View attachment 9866

View attachment 9867

Not a bad return considering I wasn’t overly confident of doing well in the conditions ;).

After a brace of lure sessions there was no time to rest and on Friday night I was out again, for the second club match of the season, a local affair at Dwygyfylchi beach. Though conditions had screamed bass earlier in the week, the surf was all but gone by the time we met up and with flat calm conditions we didn’t know what to expect.

With bass likely to be a bit scarce, my tactics were to go for the dogs from the start but if I’m honest, I think most of the lads had the same idea :LOL:. As expected things were quiet over low water but after an hour or so of the flood, and just as the light began to fade, I had my first bite of the night. The next 90 minutes were kind to me with a bite a chuck and though Steve A and Ady, who were fishing either side of me also had bites, they missed most of theirs, managing a solitary dog each, while I steadily built up a bag of 3 dogs and a flounder.
View attachment 9868

As the last 90 minutes of the match got underway, things got very quiet and as I struggled to even get bites, news filtered down the beach of a few more dogs and a solitary bass being caught :oops:. Needing a result after my poor showing in the previous match, things were getting a bit tense to say the least but a decent whiting 20 minutes before the end helped to settle the nerves a little.

Once the final whistle blew, we all headed back to the cars, where thankfully I was confirmed the winner with a bag weight of 2.37kg :love:, comfortably clear of joint second place bags of 1.68kg.

So it’s been a good week for me on the fishing front, and with a week off work now and settled conditions forecast, I’m hoping for more of the same next week ;).
Couple nice bass and a winning bag in a comp Id call that a very good week ma Bute ????

Nice job!!!! Good to see people catching.

Well done mate nice to see a few more bass coming out , still waiting for my first lure caught bass this year .

Great weeks dangling Andy ?

But please can you put your weights in pounds and ounces please it makes it much easier ? it’s strange you do for your bass weights but not in your comp

And regarding the footy losing to Chelsea !!!!!!!! Even the the 2nd worse team in the premier league put 8 goals past them this season and 5 of those were in 1 game ?????

Thanks all, it was certainly an enjoyable week on the fishing front (y).

Great weeks dangling Andy ?

But please can you put your weights in pounds and ounces please it makes it much easier ? it’s strange you do for your bass weights but not in your comp

And regarding the footy losing to Chelsea !!!!!!!! Even the the 2nd worse team in the premier league put 8 goals past them this season and 5 of those were in 1 game ?????

There's no conspiracy where the weights are concerned, being old school I prefer to weigh my fish in lbs & oz but club rules state that bag weights are recorded on kg.

As for the football, it was a very disappointing result but at least my team were in the Champions League and they got to the final ;). I'm happy to wait until next year to see them actually lift the trophy ?:giggle:.

Back