• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

?

I’ve just been converted from mono to braid and using jof x9. All I can say is wow, bought from AliExpress for about £7. 300 metres and it glides off your spool strong and worth every penny ???

I like the fused braid like Berkley nanofil for clean work. It picks up far less weed and what it does pick up is far easier to move

Monster W8 15lb for light freshwater, 30 or 40lb for sea fishing bait, 20lb for lure work. Got some S9 in 20lb to try but have not used it enough to say one way or t'other. Prefer the Monster to J-Braid. Nice tight weave on the Monster but BS and diameter may be understated can't be bothered to measure it. Most tangles with braid are caused by lousy line lay or bad ring layout on your rod, watch out for loose loops when you are fishing lures and I always close the bail arm manually.

What's your favourite I've used quite a few not really found a bad one all done a fair job this is the latest addition to the J-Braid range let's see if it's any better than the rest View attachment 5473
Update: I've just uprated to Sunline Siglon Advance X8. I'm using the PE 1.2, rated at 16lb, for bass lure fishing. It's resin impregnated, which makes it a tiny bit thicker than regular Siglon X8, but it doesn't absorb water and is still very thin and smooth. The resin means salt crystals can't form inside through evaporation and wear the bread from within. Coils don't stick to each other and it casts superbly. I've now used it five times - hundreds of casts - no sign of wear, negligible fading, not one tangle of any kind. It's not expensive via eBay. Strongly recommended! PH

might have to try braid more often for sea went off it but didn't fully experiment with many marks conditions etc apart from bassin .. but lot of you guys get on with it might have another go...

do many of you use heavy ish braid say 50_60lbs straight through or say 15- 20lbs braid with a heavier leader like standard mono breaking strains ?

talking general open beach work needing 5 6oz weights n baits from schoolies to possible stingray ..i know many variables to marks just in general

might have to try braid more often for sea went off it but didn't fully experiment with many marks conditions etc apart from bassin .. but lot of you guys get on with it might have another go...

do many of you use heavy ish braid say 50_60lbs straight through or say 15- 20lbs braid with a heavier leader like standard mono breaking strains ?

talking general open beach work needing 5 6oz weights n baits from schoolies to possible stingray ..i know many variables to marks just in general
I use 24lb braid with 60lb tapered shockleader

Most, if not all of my shore bait fishing is done in the Bristol channel with 30lb 8 strand Saratoga/Agepoch and 80lb leader (braid only, no mono). It's been a faultless combo and I rarely lose any gear.

I do have a reel with 40lb on it for the really rough, but I don't fish the really rough marks all that often.

I wondered that!
It appears Mr Grinner has got his panties in a twist over something, renamed his account to itchyknackersack, and set it to private. Very strange. ??

Back