• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Review Century suit

Chalton

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Having paid just over 200 quid for the century fishing suit I was very impressed I fished some windy wet conditions Sunday at Abbotsbury I stayed dry and warm also didn't sweat bere in mind there not padded but in my opinion about the best I've owned very close to some high end sailing gear I've seen

Fair old whack for a suit but if it works its worth the money
Mate some suits are a lot more than that like guys cotton for example it's only a winter suit for warmth if you layer up but for waterproof and breathability it was worth it and I look cool as fcuk lol I do get the whole army gortex thing but this is a suit designed for sea anglers

Mate some suits are a lot more than that like guys cotton for example it's only a winter suit for warmth if you layer up but for waterproof and breathability it was worth it and I look cool as fcuk lol I do get the whole army gortex thing but this is a suit designed for sea anglers
Warm and dry that's the main thing.
I just stay at home??

Having paid just over 200 quid for the century fishing suit I was very impressed I fished some windy wet conditions Sunday at Abbotsbury I stayed dry and warm also didn't sweat bere in mind there not padded but in my opinion about the best I've owned very close to some high end sailing gear I've seen
Sounds good ,I'm looking for something similar, I'll give it a look

Hope it stays waterproof.
Be nice to know what its like after a year.

Fished in a monsoon on Sunday and my Musto MPX Goretex salopettes let some water through.
Looks like Ill be going back to the tried, tested 100% waterproof Guy Cottens next time a monsoon is forecast.

With the Grey Century hoodie on was like a Beached Walrus in your shed! have the whiskers also.:):D:oops::ROFLMAO:?

If I go down the Centuary road, I would start of with the Jacket. Mainly because it has neoprene cuffs. I have a Savage Gear jacket with only Velcroe straps and have exprienced wet arms, when its pissing it down. for Bottoms I have waders?

Got this about 4 weeks ago and have given it a good testing in the wet and windy firth of Clyde.

Its decent, really decent. No ingress of wter whatsoever and extremely well made, comfy and not overly bulky.

Not washed it yet, but would imagine the usual wash and care routine with nikwax will keep it in good condition weather proofing wise.

Most impressed by it.

Got this about 4 weeks ago and have given it a good testing in the wet and windy firth of Clyde.

Its decent, really decent. No ingress of wter whatsoever and extremely well made, comfy and not overly bulky.

Not washed it yet, but would imagine the usual wash and care routine with nikwax will keep it in good condition weather proofing wise.

Most impressed by it.
@Chalton one has a second protective layer Forget Nikwax it's Chaltonjizz impervious to air/water/50cal :eek::oops::LOL:????

Chaltonjizz impervious to air/water/50cal :eek::oops::LOL:????

´Hi mate , You reccomended 1 from Bozo. Try one out, very good price, let us know how you get on. I´m a bit late, the link is gone.

I have a pair of Vas waders which I really like but I'm looking for at some waterproof bib & brace trousers for shore fishing when I don't need waders and also for boat fishing . Don't really need anything thermal as I have decent base layers already and prefer the layering system anyway . I also have a problem with an enlarged prostate which means I need a zip:rolleyes: As far as I can tell Vas B&B don't have a zip but these do. Kenai Pro Bib and Braces on sale with Fishing Mega store . I've had a Scierra jacket and breathable waist /booted waders before and they have been good if not particularly long lasting . Just wanted to know if anyone has any experience of these particular trousers ?

I have a pair of Vas waders which I really like but I'm looking for at some waterproof bib & brace trousers for shore fishing when I don't need waders and also for boat fishing . Don't really need anything thermal as I have decent base layers already and prefer the layering system anyway . I also have a problem with an enlarged prostate which means I need a zip:rolleyes: As far as I can tell Vas B&B don't have a zip but these do. Kenai Pro Bib and Braces on sale with Fishing Mega store . I've had a Scierra jacket and breathable waist /booted waders before and they have been good if not particularly long lasting . Just wanted to know if anyone has any experience of these particular trousers ?
They have just arrived . Quality looks good and the fit isn't too bad , just a tadge long but that's because I'm short ? Won't be using them until after Christmas as they're a present from the wife . I will post a proper review after wearing them a few times .

Pleased you like it and are happy with it. It sounds like it does exactly what you want it to. Thanks for the review. Can’t beat an honest review from someone who’s paid with their own money. ?

Back