• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Feb no5

Phis

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
It was a rainy start a 6 this morning but by the time I got to the bay it had stopped raining and stayed dry all day. I was fishing just after 8 with a few bites from the off. Alex turned up just before 9 and the bites dried up, it stayed that way until I got 2 small whiting shortly before I packed in, Alex fished on for an hour and had nothing. It looks like the pests are on the retreat. Looking at the forecasts it looks like fishing will be unlikely for a while if the winds keep up for the rest of the month up here. Hopefully other species will take up residence for our return. Tight lines to all ?

You love your whiting mate , do you get any big enough to take home , we get them down here around the pound when they are around , great eating when fresh

You love your whiting mate , do you get any big enough to take home , we get them down here around the pound when they are around , great eating when fresh
No John they are mostly small I think we have had 4 that were ok to take we will be pleased to see the back of them ?

Back