• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

West Coast First Firth of Clyde session for 2022.

Drouthy

Reaction score
Well, since my good friend Willie had appeared at my door last week with a bucket of prime ragworm, a boat session looked to be on the cards when the weather improved.
That happened on Saturday. Unfortunately Willie had an appointment with some Aberdonians in Govan so I had to head out alone. I had a pretty lean time of it and only managed one wee pollack and some micro codling.
Willie was available on Sunday and the raggies were still wriggling, so off we went. We tried some of the usual haunts without success and moved around looking for some new ground. It was a glorious day - what a tonic after the recent
storms.

Photo of stern light, antenna and Arran...

Water Cloud Sky Light Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies

I got a wee pollack and then the fattest pollack I've ever seen (around 3lbs).
We alternated between the ragworms on leadheads and firetail worms and started to pick up some decent pollack just as the wind had got up and put a chop on the water. It turned out to be a successful and very enjoyable sortie back onto our local water.

Willie with roll up...and first decent fish
Water Boat Sky Vertebrate Cloud

Willie without roll up and second decent fish...
Water Sky Boat Cloud Vertebrate

Me with my first fish that we feared might be the only one of the day...
Water Sky Boat Vertebrate Cloud
So a great day out in great company and a result that bodes well for the rest of the season.

? Oh dear.! I read the name Willie and I thought that can't possibly be the overly excitable, rather aggressive Rangers fan from the "dark side" that he's on about can it.? Then I saw the pics....... Booger me it is ☹️
Glad you had a nice day out.

? Oh dear.! I read the name Willie and I thought that can't possibly be the overly excitable, rather aggressive Rangers fan from the "dark side" that he's on about can it.? Then I saw the pics....... Booger me it is ☹️
Glad you had a nice day out.
Warby, you're surely confusing him with that irrational, sociopathic, "sing when you're winning" Celtic fan that disappeared from the dark side to body swerve Willie when his team was humiliated and couldn't see Rangers coming.
You know, the one with the dog that's had it's day.....
We had a great day out...

Last edited:
Warby, you're surely confusing him with that irrational, sociopathic, "sing when you're winning" Celtic fan that disappeared from the dark side to body swerve Willie when his team was humiliatedand and couldn't see Rangers coming.
Laugh all you like.
I felt that the Scottish forum on this site lacked a bit of interest, so I shared my fishing session there.
I would never have mentioned the Rangers-Celtic debacle (and it's protagonists) from elsewhere on here so maybe I'll think twice about posting again.

We had a great day out
Well that's the main thing mate. ?
As I said to you before I tried my best with Willie, exchanged a few private messages about our lifes etc, thought I was getting somewhere then "boom" he went off at me again so I decided to leave it and save arguments. If I take an entirely neutral stand when it came to football they were as bad as each other. Anyway glad you had an enjoyable day afloat catching some healthy looking chunky fash. ?

Laugh all you like.
I felt that the Scottish forum on this site lacked a bit of interest, so I shared my fishing session there.
I would never have mentioned the Rangers-Celtic debacle (and it's protagonists) from elsewhere on here so maybe I'll think twice about posting again.
Whooooa, calm down. It was all meant in a jokey manner. I enjoyed reading your report so please don't stop posting. We both have an excitable pal.

What a day to be out on the boat . Lovely stuff .

Nice fishing!

Good to see a report from that way!

I say let's leave the footy shite to the largely cheating, overpaid knobjockeys that dare tocall themselves 'professionals' and the legions of bigoted, blinkered and desperately sad souled 'supporters' that provide their ridiculously out of sync wages. Football is a silly game. Fishing is a proper sport and this is a fishing forum(y)

Good report and pics, nice to see a calm sea after all the blows we've had this year.

Warby, you're surely confusing him with that irrational, sociopathic, "sing when you're winning" Celtic fan that disappeared from the dark side to body swerve Willie when his team was humiliated and couldn't see Rangers coming.

Ah Chico awa back tae the dark side where ye belong.

Back