• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Fishing near Alnmouth

Bigt

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Hi. Newbie here.
I’m looking to do some shore / pier / rock fishing at or near Alnmouth during August.
can anyone suggest good markers ( any species )?
Also can anyone suggest a shop nearby selling sea tackle and bait?
Thanks

Oh. Never been there ??‍♂️
Been most places trucking around the UK but I don't think I have been to Alnmouth or Alnwick. We went on a 2 week Army Cadet camp up on the Scottish border in that area somewhere around 50 years ago but I can't remember where it was. Somewhere, I've still got a belt of empty .303 brass shells we snook out on the ranges to collect at 3am. Nearly got caught!

Been most places trucking around the UK but I don't think I have been to Alnmouth or Alnwick. We went on a 2 week Army Cadet camp up on the Scottish border in that area somewhere around 50 years ago but I can't remember where it was. Somewhere, I've still got a belt of empty .303 brass shells we snook out on the ranges to collect at 3am. Nearly got caught!

Actually, I've just done some googling & research to jog my memory, and it was Otterburn training camp we went to - not quite as far north as I first thought.

Gotta love Otterburn camp, been there once or twice! Also did a river crossing exercise in Aberdeen, that was rather chilly!
Only vague memories of the place as it was so long ago. As mentioned, I did come back with around a yard of spent .303 cases & clips! One of the Lads had come up with the idea of going out in the middle of the night collecting 'souveniers', and he knew we would be in trouble if caught with them, so he had scoped out a light manhole cover behind the billet which had some metal pegs sticking out underneath, so we hung our spoils there until the day of departure! Teenage adventures!

Hi. Newbie here.
I’m looking to do some shore / pier / rock fishing at or near Alnmouth during August.
Thanks
plenty of options around that area depending on what you would like to target, some good lflounder fishing in the estuary fishing the channels and mudflats down stream of the bridge, worm, fish and peeler crab best baits.
then you have marden rocks just north of alnmouth, good for red cod in flat settled conditions, you will need stronger tackle here as the ground and weed beds are quite heavy , fish a couple hours either side of low water,peeler crab essential, i find anywhere from the middle round to the north end best in summer personally.
you can also lure fish for bass and seatrout around marden and seaton point area, again flat settled conditions best that time of year.
if there is a bit surf running the beaches north and south of alnmouth can chuck out a few schoolies to worm baits on simple flapper rigs but they can be busy with beach goers that time of year so early mornings/evenings best to avoid busiest times.

Last edited:
Gotta love Otterburn camp, been there once or twice! Also did a river crossing exercise in Aberdeen, that was rather chilly!
I lived on otterburn ranges for about a year in a caravan felling timber in my twenties?
We are staying at Beadnell bay early next month for a couple of days so I’ll be giving that a go as the site is over the road from the sea?

Jesus. Of all these replies only one is of any use. I don't know why people can't stop adding indulgent irrelevant guff
You've only been here long enough to do 1 post, and that is indirectly criticising other members. Nobody is forcing you to stay. ??

Jesus. Of all these replies only one is of any use. I don't know why people can't stop adding indulgent irrelevant guff
Looks like you're another one adding irrelevant guff.As Tramps says if you aren't happy go elsewhere and criticise.
Nobody is forcing you to stay.
Au revoir Dave.Bonne chance mon ami.

Last edited:
You've only been here long enough to do 1 post, and that is indirectly criticising other members. Nobody is forcing you to stay. ??
There was nothing indirect about it. There's very little info about fishing in this specific area People who choose to reminisce about nothing of any relevance rather than answering a question drive me up the wall. So yeah Im gone now anyway.

Looks like you're another one adding irrelevant guff.As Tramps says if you aren't happy go elsewhere and criticise.

Au revoir Dave.Bonne chance mon ami.
Any group that can't handle any valid criticism (which it was) is not for me anyway.

Any group that can't handle any valid criticism (which it was) is not for me anyway.
Only invalid in your opinion. I didn't see any one else complaining or agreeing with you. Bye Bye.

Hi. Newbie here.
Thanks
alnmouth as in northumberland ?
theres a place called eyemouth near there look for a big flat rock, beware though as at the edge of the rock it drops into deep water, you used to get red rock cod from there, known by this name as there flesh is a light pinky red colour from the kelp. also decent wrasse .

Back