• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

I wasn’t expecting that!

Stoker

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
With low expectations following last week’s expedition I decided to try again for a bass or two. One long range and one short both with ragwort. Short range bouncing around from the off with schoolies every cast.
1st cast long range had been out for over 20 minutes when bang pulled right down and didn’t bounce up. Reeling in felt quite a weight and little surges here and there, I thought it might be a small smoothy with a ton of weed. I had to stop winding to remove some weed around the breaker knot but maintained the tension. As it broke for the first time I could see a bit of white curling up. Then I saw it fully for the first time. A stingray. My first. Very happy indeed?.
Unhooked safely and returned happily into the depths once more.
I had one more pull on the long range. No lightening can’t strike twice. Indeed it wasn’t. A 4lb thornie that normally I would be very happy about but seemed insignificant in comparison. Happy days.863C2525-2842-4926-BCBE-957FFA3434B1.jpeg863C2525-2842-4926-BCBE-957FFA3434B1.jpeg

Very nice Stinger mate. Great report, and welcome to TSF. (y)

Ian.

Back