• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

jackets

Cheers for all you taking the time I think I'll take a look at the army surplus stuff and see what turns up

Last edited:
Can recommend this USA army gortex jacket £70 . from EBAY NUMBER

Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing.
View attachment 14256
I wanted one of those but couldn’t find one at the time so went with the German version, which isn’t bad although it appears the zip is starting to give up.

I wanted one of those but couldn’t find one at the time so went with the German version, which isn’t bad although it appears the zip is starting to give up.
Ive 2 of them , was that impressed with the first one i bought i bought another. Loads of pockets , good hood , and fully water proof , the other thing i like is you can move in the jacket when casting . Mine are the xl,s / long but theirs plenty of room to put gear on underneath.

Ive 2 of them , was that impressed with the first one i bought i bought another. Loads of pockets , good hood , and fully water proof , the other thing i like is you can move in the jacket when casting . Mine are the xl,s / long but theirs plenty of room to put gear on underneath.
When I was in the market for a jacket I hunted around but everything I could find online said sold out

i’ve been useing the vass175 now for 3 years no problems whatsoever and use the titan bib and brace with out any problems, very happy with both

Can recommend this USA army gortex jacket £70 . from EBAY

us-military-supplies-uk (9501
Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing.
View attachment 14256

I've just got my order delivered, jacket and trousers, looks good and fits well. Nice and light and folds down into a small package.

Not sure about the use of camo when out by myself on a beach, I think I'll wear a hi-viz jacket over it in case things go tits up and people need to find me..

I've just got my order delivered, jacket and trousers, looks good and fits well. Nice and light and folds down into a small package.

Not sure about the use of camo when out by myself on a beach, I think I'll wear a hi-viz jacket over it in case things go tits up and people need to find me..
Who the fk would want to find you..?

Yep tbh instead of buying the expensive and not particularly good fishing brands, I think people are better off getting a military surplus gortex and layering up underneath as needed.
When I was looking, there were no US or French ones (supposedly the best) available anywhere or at a sensible price, so got a German one in the end.
It’s not especially warm, it’s a lined gortex waterproof, but plenty of room to put whatever you want underneath it.
Today for me that was just a t shirt.
Always nice to have a little of ze motherland on your person too

is that meant to be amusing or just fekin rude ?

I resisted for years not wanting to go down the army gortex line in jackets and spent a fortune on this jacket and that jacket and other water proofs . Nothing really gave me what i was looking for either they wasn't breathable or they wasn,t fully waterproof . The gortex jacket i have now ticks all the boxes and with a pair of chest waders keeps me dry in the worst of the weather

Back