• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Leeda tripod

Chalton

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
I'm minus the leg lock peice for transportation searched high and low for a peice messaged Leeda the next day they emailed me asking for my address so they could send a replacement no charge great customer service

Leeda icon tripods are great, I've a basic 6ft one. Larger diameter legs than the Ian golds, so are stiffer as a result. Cheap too.

I do have a 7ft Ian golds but in all honesty I wish I'd bought the 6ft. Pain in the ass to move up a rocky reef mark with it. The legs also bend too easily when on flat marks like a concrete sea wall, they bow under the weight of a couple of rods. The leg locks being made of plastic is naff as well. So while I don't dislike the golds, I'm not blind to its faults either. Advantage over the heavier tripods like the salt though would be how light it is. Mine is around 2.2kg for the Ian golds DB1 7ft.

My 6ft Leeda is 1.75kg ISH with the wide cups for fs for comparison.

Got the Salt tripod, I've found that the plastic loops on the ends of the stabilising bars break, there is a fix though, a raw plug and a a screw in metal loop, fixes it, far stronger than the original

Got the Salt tripod, I've found that the plastic loops on the ends of the stabilising bars break, there is a fix though, a raw plug and a a screw in metal loop, fixes it, far stronger than the original
I havnt had that problem yet, but sounds like a good fix.

Although, I hardly use the stabilising bars, at one stage I was thinking of taking them off, coz the tripod is so sound

Leeda/Daiwa tripod is great goes upto 9ft! (needs red light on tip incase of planes!)Packs away to 5foot'ish so same height as three piece rods so lives with the Italcanna Dynamis quiver all easy to shift.
Leg lock works well. doused mine in ACF50 when got so getting salt dust off it. £40 delivered.

Leeda icon tripods are great, I've a basic 6ft one. Larger diameter legs than the Ian golds, so are stiffer as a result. Cheap too.

I do have a 7ft Ian golds but in all honesty I wish I'd bought the 6ft. Pain in the ass to move up a rocky reef mark with it. The legs also bend too easily when on flat marks like a concrete sea wall, they bow under the weight of a couple of rods. The leg locks being made of plastic is naff as well. So while I don't dislike the golds, I'm not blind to its faults either. Advantage over the heavier tripods like the salt though would be how light it is. Mine is around 2.2kg for the Ian golds DB1 7ft.

My 6ft Leeda is 1.75kg ISH with the wide cups for fs for comparison.
Yeah I bought the 7' one I've now chopped a foot off the legs as I found what you said about bowing now a lot more solid.
Pete

I've got the golds, 5ft, 6ft, and 7ft plus the Salt, all have their specific job to do, when fishing rocks etc I always go for the 5ft set at an angle to the water and low down, 6ft for beach using trad rods, 7ft for beach using conti rods and the salt is for piers/harbours

Iv got the gold and salt, the gold is much lighter but the legs seem to be far to bendy same goes for the salty ,I'd love to find a decent rod rest where the front legs dont bend ,to be very honest I find the salty crap

Iv got the gold and salt, the gold is much lighter but the legs seem to be far to bendy same goes for the salty ,I'd love to find a decent rod rest where the front legs dont bend ,to be very honest I find the salty crap
I think , like everything it's a general use and some like different products for their needs,

the best I feel and (agree the salty has bendy legs) is to make one that suits our personal needs, which if I get this workshop I will want to do ,

Back