• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Lure fishing, cliff camping and an elusive seabird!

DJDBazzer

Reaction score
Hi all.

I headed out at the weekend for a night down at Dancing Ledge near Swanage.

Armed with my lure rod and cameras, I spent some of the afternoon searching for an elusive Dorset puffin before heading down to the lower ledges to set up camp.
The fishing was half decent with 2 nice size pollack (for Dorset), a chunky wrasse and several mackerel making an appearance.
A very enjoyable trip and some much needed quiet time away from the hustle and bustle of life.
The trip wasn't complete without a quick dunk in the sea pool to finish of an epic trip to the Jurassic Coast.

The video can be found here :)

All the best peeps

GX010516-5-1.jpg

Nice one mate, lovely Wrasse. Great mixed bag as well. Nice vid as well. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Hi all.

I headed out at the weekend for a night down at Dancing Ledge near Swanage.

Armed with my lure rod and cameras, I spent some of the afternoon searching for an elusive Dorset puffin before heading down to the lower ledges to set up camp.
The fishing was half decent with 2 nice size pollack (for Dorset), a chunky wrasse and several mackerel making an appearance.
A very enjoyable trip and some much needed quiet time away from the hustle and bustle of life.
The trip wasn't complete without a quick dunk in the sea pool to finish of an epic trip to the Jurassic Coast.

The video can be found here :)

All the best peeps

View attachment 45836

Really enjoyed your video Dave. Good to see someone appreciative of other aspects of our sport and environs. Sport fishing elements were entertaining as well. Fished the ledge on a few occasions years ago when my kids were small and your video may yet tempt me me back if only for the sake of nostalgia. Cheers, Bob.

Nice one mate, lovely Wrasse. Great mixed bag as well. Nice vid as well. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Cheers bud. Hope you're good

Great report and video 👍

Thankyou, appreciate it

nice vid, well done on the fish you had out.

Cheers mate, it does seem to be alive down there atm

Enjoyed that looks a cracking mark that bud 👍👍👍

Cheers buddy! :) Well worth a visit

Really enjoyed your video Dave. Good to see someone appreciative of other aspects of our sport and environs. Sport fishing elements were entertaining as well. Fished the ledge on a few occasions years ago when my kids were small and your video may yet tempt me me back if only for the sake of nostalgia. Cheers, Bob.

Pleased to hear that mate. I try to add something different, whether that's wildlife, camping or the Milky Way.
Appreciate the kind words.
I hope you manage to get back down there soon.
All the best

Cracking report Dave - nice Wrasse too. 🎣🎣👍👍

Way behind with Youtube. Had a screen problem with the Laptop, all fixed now & operation catchup is in progress! 😁😁

Back