• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

New reel and rod for beach

Rick thanks again I’ll look into them reels hope you get some good fishing in soon ?
Hi Rob, no experience with Diawa reels but as far as holdalls go, I bought one of these last year, Very pleased with it - it takes my 3 section 4.5m rods with about 200 mm poking out the top, will take at least 4 rods (in their rod bags) and can be extended via a zip at the bottom by 500 mm if you need to zip it right up or put longer rod sections in it. Basstastic are good to deal with too.

Hi Rob, no experience with Diawa reels but as far as holdalls go, I bought one of these last year, Very pleased with it - it takes my 3 section 4.5m rods with about 200 mm poking out the top, will take at least 4 rods (in their rod bags) and can be extended via a zip at the bottom by 500 mm if you need to zip it right up or put longer rod sections in it. Basstastic are good to deal with too.

Hi trampster thanks so much for posting this bag looks great ? so glad I joined this fishing site great to talk and get great advice cheers again

Hi trampster thanks so much for posting this bag looks great ? so glad I joined this fishing site great to talk and get great advice cheers again
You're welcome - that's what we're 'ere for! ?? One reason I bought the Shakespeare Agility quiver is, as mentioned previously, I have the Salt tripod, and the quiver has a pocket & straps specially for the tripod. ??

You're welcome - that's what we're 'ere for! ?? One reason I bought the Shakespeare Agility quiver is, as mentioned previously, I have the Salt tripod, and the quiver has a pocket & straps specially for the tripod. ??
I’ve just watched a vid on YouTube with that bag and a salt tripod going in the pocket with straps what a brilliant bag I will definitely be getting one cheers ?

I’ve just watched a vid on YouTube with that bag and a salt tripod going in the pocket with straps what a brilliant bag I will definitely be getting one cheers ?
Being a Youtube fan Rob, I would love a link to the video - Don't think I've seen that one! ??

The above is as good as the Shakespeare but lighter and cheaper.Fits easily in the boot.
Looks like a good bit of Kit TeeDeeExcess (!) and home-un-leisure are good to deal with - bought a few bits from them. Personally, I would sooner have the Salt because of the case to store it in, and a few stores have had it on offer for a good price - Tackle-up had it advertised for £43.99, but like all good deals, folk soon find them and stocks run out. More may be available later?

Can't see it being that price if and when they ever get anymore.
I only had a quick look, I think Gerry's had it for £55, but also out of stock. Same as anything online - if you're not in a hurry and put in the effort searching, bargains can be found!

The above is as good as the Shakespeare but lighter and cheaper.Fits easily in the boot.
Cheers for the info looks very same as the salt one! £20 cheaper nice ? do you know if it comes with a bag like the salt?

Being a Youtube fan Rob, I would love a link to the video - Don't think I've seen that one! ??
Ok only just found these guys on YouTube
Shakespeare bag one , Chris & Sam living the dream
And I’ve just found a great fun chap that has fantastic ideas how to alter and change fishing gear to make it better and lighter his channel. Landlocked sea fishing uk
Have a look very interesting ?

Cheers for the info looks very same as the salt one! £20 cheaper nice ? do you know if it comes with a bag like the salt?
The Imax ones I saw didn't have a bag. As I said to TDXS, I'd sooner pay a little more and have the bag that goes in the quiver. ??

See if you can find/pick up the Daiwa Extending tripod not the noddy one with widening arms with bits of chain hanging off it as that's Shite!

One you want comes with a bag looks similar to that Imax one Icon also do one but not leg lock kit and not sure on bag?
But it's a copy of the MTI tripod but in alloy extends to 8ft odd ive one got on a deal seems heavy when packed away but once up light.
Nice and sturdy packs away to 5ft ish i use with my three-piece Italcanna Dynamis so all same height in quiver

Much of Daiwa luggage is Generic they don't make it bought in labelled but there is Daiwa and Daiwa UK.UK owns Sundridge.Ian golds and other labels.

If you're going to put it in a quiver why do you need a bag.imo.Although the Salt is bulkier than the Imax.(y)
Because the Salt tripod bag is designed to go in the pocket & straps on the outside of the Quiver, leaving more room inside for fragile rods, and at the same time, the Salt bag keeps the Tripod protected & clean.

I thought it was you that had put up the link to the video above, so guessed you would have watched it & seen what was involved.
Perhaps I should have been more precise and said "I'd sooner pay a little more and have the bag that goes in the quiver pocket & straps".

Back