• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North Wales Out and about again last night……

Kevin3110

Reaction score
…… And like last week the plan was to fish two rods, one with a bigger bait and one with a couple of worm baits on a 2 hook loop rig.

Light Line Bicycle part Machine Engineering

Things got off to a good start to when the bigger bait produced a decent knock on the very first cast and after letting it develop for a few minutes I decided to reel it in. Unfortunately, though I could feel a little extra weight on the other end the result wasn’t really what I had hoped for when a Dogfish appeared at the waters edge ☹ Blank beaten at least I thought things could only improve

Fin Gar Scaled reptile Fish Marine biology

And boy how wrong was I as both rods over the next 4 hours remained pretty much motionless ?

I had so little to occupy my time I took pictures of my baits before launching them out for nothing whatsoever to take any interest in them ?‍♂️

Arthropod Insect Body jewelry Twig Balloon

Whilst the worm baits fed a couple of crabs ? neither the Squid bait or double Sandeel could tempt anything into a little nibble ☹

Insect Arthropod Plant Terrestrial plant Pest

Enough was enough and around 11:20pm I started packing one of the rods away and throwing what was left of the bait.
Would you Adam & Eve it that no sooner had I disposed of the leftovers that the rod tip started nodding ?‍♂️ Hoping to at least finish on a high it wasn’t to be, packed what was left away and headed back for the car.

Pretty poor weather wise for the next few days but hopefully I’ll be back on it come Sunday/Monday night. ?

Better luck next time . No blank though and nice baits lol

Great report and I have to agree with Joe, very neat baits.

Regarding the dogfish croaking noise, I was led to believe they throw their guts up to try and get something out that shouldn't be there. I've had it a few times with bigger Huss when they're deep hooked and they throw up all sorts (I've even seen a decent sized dab come out a few times), you see the hook, remove it and then they go back fine.

Back