• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East Rays? Hello hello.

Shirleycodlin

I am the god of hell fire
Staff member
Reaction score
Another crack at the thornback rays this morning.
Bluey baits in the water by 6am.
6 casts, 2 rods, 20 minutes soak time.
Wind, 12mph E,NE.
High tide 4am.
Not a bite!
Nothing!
Honestly thought I would see 1 this morning as conditions were pretty good.
Very similar to when I last caught a few.
Oh well, I'll have to try later this week.

IMG_20210913_063129.jpg

Another crack at the thornback rays this morning.
Bluey baits in the water by 6am.
6 casts, 2 rods, 20 minutes soak time.
Wind, 12mph E,NE.
High tide 4am.
Not a bite!
Nothing!
Honestly thought I would see 1 this morning as conditions were pretty good.
Very similar to when I last caught a few.
Oh well, I'll have to try later this week.

View attachment 14304
Looks wonderful ?, I'll be arriving on the South Coast later today, the hope is that I can get some fresh bait and get to either the Pier or may try the beach for High Tide this afternoon.
Tides for the morning get better as the week goes on, I'm not going to be getting up before 5am, so possibly Thursday and Friday mornings before going back to the middle of England.
Will post all catches!!!!!!

Unlucky mate, lovely sunrise to help make up for the blank.

Strange that two similar days are so different isn’t it?

Maybe the rays have decided they’re not getting up at silly o clock ???

Arrived in Worthing, mid afternoon, bloody traffic on M25. Stopped for a coffee and sausage roll. (Photograph attached)
Lagoon bait, rag and lug, off to Worthing Pier for a couple of hours, as it was a nice afternoon ? warm and sunny.
Size 1 hooks, 4 oz lead, two hook rig, on rag first.
Wind side ways westerly quite brisk, lots of white water ? a bit ruff, swimmers braving the cold water.
Second cast - 39cm BASS, sod it, a little bit short to take for Supper, so back in he went, with a message, please swim towards KENT, as they have only caught a cold in recent days.

Attachments

• DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    939.8 KB · Views: 5
It can only get better mate, worth getting up just to see that sunrise though.?

Lovely pic...... Frustrating ain't it, looks perfect.... Yet you blank ?. Fishing for ya ?

No better way to spend a couple of hours.

The roker are very few and far between in the Thames at the moment and to make things worse the spring tides appear to have pushed loads of dogfish up river.

Had a days fishing today on Sea Breeze 3 (Brighton). Set off about half four, last month it was light on the drive down , got there for 7ish including breakfast break . Started off catching mackeral for bait then we was off to a spot in the middle of the sea . Target fish was Conger and Bream. Within minutes we where catching conger to near 50lb no idea how many, 50 Bream between the 6 of us and my mate had an undulate of 19lb . On the way back we stopped off for plaice on the drift and had about 12. My tally was 6 Bream, 4 conger a plaice and half a dozen mackies ( caught in the last 15 mins had 3 for dinner ) . Weather was brilliant and had a one of those rare great days . Well done Terry and Jay Thx .

Had a days fishing today on Sea Breeze 3 (Brighton). Set off about half four, last month it was light on the drive down , got there for 7ish including breakfast break . Started off catching mackeral for bait then we was off to a spot in the middle of the sea . Target fish was Conger and Bream. Within minutes we where catching conger to near 50lb no idea how many, 50 Bream between the 6 of us and my mate had an undulate of 19lb . On the way back we stopped off for plaice on the drift and had about 12. My tally was 6 Bream, 4 conger a plaice and half a dozen mackies ( caught in the last 15 mins had 3 for dinner ) . Weather was brilliant and had a one of those rare great days . Well done Terry and Jay Thx .
A great day ?

Back