• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Tide Tables

Beach

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
If anyone is interested, attached tide times:
You can change the venue by clicking the area where you usually fish.

If anyone is interested, attached tide times:
You can change the venue by clicking the area where you usually fish.
I use it now and again tides tend to be on the late side but it gives you hope when it says today is a good day for fishing ??

Tried it a while back but it was far from accurate for my local mark so please beware
Yep, it told me wrong a couple of times when I was on a new mark a long way from home, and nearly got caught out by ‘low’ being more than an hour earlier than they said it was.
Also wrecked a mornings bait digging.

Wouldn’t have used the site normally but due to poor signal and a different network it was the only one I could get on my phone at the time.

Yep, it told me wrong a couple of times when I was on a new mark a long way from home, and nearly got caught out by ‘low’ being more than an hour earlier than they said it was.
Also wrecked a mornings bait digging.

Wouldn’t have used the site normally but due to poor signal and a different network it was the only one I could get on my phone at the time.
They don't tend to have clocks change on their site, so have to adjust accordingly.

They don't tend to have clocks change on their site, so have to adjust accordingly.
That may have been it although as I recall it was about 1.5 hours out, not a straight hour.
Also this was during BST. I don’t know if their times are in BST or GMT?
I do usually check, being aware that can be an issue, but as I say, it was the only site I could load on the phone at the time.

It was over 2.5hrs out in my case, bloody dangerous considering I'm on the edge of Morecambe Bay, fortunately I always double check
Collecting mussels with the Chinese?

So the site is a bit out on some venues, seems fairly accurate down our way give or take half an hour. I tend to also check the live beach/sea webcams as well.

It was over 2.5hrs out in my case, bloody dangerous considering I'm on the edge of Morecambe Bay, fortunately I always double check
It wasn’t great where I was as it was a low water rock mark in the Channel Islands with gullies that filled in behind.
Fortunately I do keep an eye on the water and don’t just reply on numbers on a screen or in a book, so twigged it was moving a lot sooner than predicted and made a hasty retreat.

But could be dodgy for newbies or tourists etc…

Didn't think that tourists even know that the tide goes in and out.
Truth in that! One irate couple once wrote a strong letter to the local paper complaining there was no sea view from their accommodation, it was all sand and mud, unlike the brochure ??‍♂️

I like the old fashioned tide table books.
I do for local tides but not always possible to get for travelling away.

Though after that particular Channel Islands trip I learned you could get a local tide book in return for whatever donation you wanted to put in the pot ?

Tried it a while back but it was far from accurate for my local mark so please beware
I've heard folk say that, but when I've cross referenced with other sources for here, it's been fairly accurate. I don't use it often, as if I just need basic tide times, they are on the Queen's Harbourmaster website which I use every day.

I've heard folk say that, but when I've cross referenced with other sources for here, it's been fairly accurate. I don't use it often, as if I just need basic tide times, they are on the Queen's Harbourmaster website which I use every day.
Fine if you live in the area Tramps, not much use for Sussex area though.

Back