• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Trident tackle - lockdown.

Trampster

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
I was in need of some tackle bits, and following a lot of good reviews, decided to pay Trident tackle's website a visit - www.tridenttackle.co.uk. It is not loading. A bit of research revealed that they are "unable to operate due to the Covid lockdown".

Luckily, I happened across a post about this on Youtube, and their online store IS open at www.tridenttackleshop.com. Some of you may be aware of this, but for those of us that, like me, tried to access the former web address, it may be helpful.

I was in need of some tackle bits, and following a lot of good reviews, decided to pay Trident tackle's website a visit - www.tridenttackle.co.uk. It is not loading. A bit of research revealed that they are "unable to operate due to the Covid lockdown".

Luckily, I happened across a post about this on Youtube, and their online store IS open at www.tridenttackleshop.com. Some of you may be aware of this, but for those of us that, like me, tried to access the former web address, it may be helpful.
The link just takes you to a failed Youtube page mate.

Whoops! Thanks @Kine262. I copied and pasted it from Youtube, and it worked originally for me. If you click on "go to site" on the right of the Youtube page, it does work. I didn't realise it had a hidden redirect. This will be better even though it looks near enough the same: https://www.tridenttackleshop.com/

Love their kit .. and the price of it as it is very reasonably priced but professionally they really need to up their game. What they should be doing is ensuring that they retain the old domain name and put a simple redirect in place .... that way if you use the old URL it will simply take you to the site on the new domain. Its very very basic stuff that anybody having a business site should be aware of and it costs very little for the extra domain registration. Most online stores (myself included) also register variants of their site domain to protect their name and have redirects from those ... that way you make sure you reduce the possibility of losing customers that can't remember your correct web address.
Well said Blakdog! I'd heard Trident are good so was initially disappointed that they were closed. Also have to put in a big ?? for you! Great products & good prices! I get a good feeling when ordering from decent suppliers, and it encourages customers to return when given good service. ??

Love there pully bead and hang overs there baiting needles cracking aswell still Undecided about there hook clips as gemmini splash down is the bomb and still love breakaway imps but everything else Is bang on and cheap aswell ???

I'm waiting for there new bait clips to be released
The Kicker? Been testing them for a while now and they are awesome. I think they will be out in a couple of weeks and I'm sure you will not be disappointed. That's a 6/0 hook in there but I've been told a 8/0 sits in there lovely.

Attachments

• kicker.jpg
    kicker.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 15
The Kicker? Been testing them for a while now and they are awesome. I think they will be out in a couple of weeks and I'm sure you will not be disappointed. That's a 6/0 hook in there but I've been told a 8/0 sits in there lovely.
Sounds and looks perfect to what I'm looking for, I use all there other bits good gear

Love there pully bead and hang overs there baiting needles cracking aswell still Undecided about there hook clips as gemmini splash down is the bomb and still love breakaway imps but everything else Is bang on and cheap aswell ???
Newer Splashdowns have issues with weights coming a drift!
I use Rotos for single/bigger hooks and splashdowns for small/twin hooks. Termi links on end of leaders.

See there bitching about it on "there" Dinoboy is cussing say's bit of wire on lead works perfect! Yeah right Makes it cast like Shit the snood/hook/bait pulls on one side of lead to ends up either cork screwing or tumbling as it also don't allow lead to articulate in cast.

See there bitching about it on "there" Dinoboy is cussing say's bit of wire on lead works perfect! Yeah right Makes it cast like Shit the snood/hook/bait pulls on one side of lead to ends up either cork screwing or tumbling as it also don't allow lead to articulate in cast.
seems you are a crap caster then eh? I get no problems at all! if you use the correct size lead to suit your bait the lead will tow it straight and true with no problems at all!! as for cussing? lol. and whats with the "there" comment? you think you are something elite or special because you are on 'here". ????? seems you are the bitch!

Last edited:
clips look good ... I admit just using basic ones or the leads with them on as said ...it works but every now and then it does unclip on the cast and falls short of where I want it when long ranging
.. and iv only just found this site today didn't know there was a here and there haha see what you mean though what the hell were they thinking changing the format on there makes no sense

clips look good ... I admit just using basic ones or the leads with them on as said ...it works but every now and then it does unclip on the cast and falls short of where I want it when long ranging
.. and iv only just found this site today didn't know there was a here and there haha see what you mean though what the hell were they thinking changing the format on there makes no sense
There's no confusing threads about shockleaders on here ?

hiya interested in these so what is holding the hook in place I can't see it in the picture ...i aint used the previous design mentioned so not got a clue how these clips work ..thanks

Hmmm.... No sooner than @Tournamag mentions @DINOBOY, he's joined here and replied! Watch out, watch out, methinks there are spies about!

Got to be a case of try them and evaluate but if price enters at any point the Trident products are going to win . I have used neither but if I wanted to knock up a batch of pulley rigs for example I would be going Trident just on cost.

hiya interested in these so what is holding the hook in place I can't see it in the picture ...i aint used the previous design mentioned so not got a clue how these clips work ..thanks
Just a groove... the metal pushes down to open for you to attach your lead then you push it back inside to allow you to fit your line or termalink onto the top. The 'wings' hit the water and pops the hook out. :)

Back