• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Unjustified expense or worth every penny?

To be fair I have seen a hand full of good doubles caught directly opposite at Sudbrook. You'd need a Tardis to reach the mark though as it's in the mid 80's
Ha, I’ve never even fished it, although drove past once!

It must throw up the odd better fish but all I ever read about are micro codling, straps and the odd 2lb fish

Some better fish are caught at Severn Beach but often not reported, for obvious reasons. A very decent bass came out (The pic I showed you Tony) on 30th March and a couple of others since too. I guess there are plenty of decent fish coming out all around the country at times, but half a dozen fish between how many people fish a venue isn't really great.

Some better fish are caught at Severn Beach but often not reported, for obvious reasons. A very decent bass came out (The pic I showed you Tony) on 30th March and a couple of others since too. I guess there are plenty of decent fish coming out all around the country at times, but half a dozen fish between how many people fish a venue isn't really great.
True, I guess the return on any mark isn’t great in that regard.

I don’t really count bass in the sense that they can turn up anywhere, lol.
Pier, estuary, harbour, beach, they are quite a fluke fish in that regard.

Can you fluke some in my direction.
Lol! What I mean is, you could just as easily pick up a double bass with a bait over the harbour wall as you could on a hot bass beach.
They’ll roam anywhere in search of food and you can find the big solitary fish anywhere, it really is a lottery.

On the other hand, obviously there are hot spots with better numbers but what I’m getting at is just because a mark throws up a good bass, doesn’t necessarily make it a good mark.

Unless of course you knew why that fish was there and what it was after, then you might have something to work with!

My mate lives in Severn beach and does relay the catches to me, I heard about that bass for example.

My mate won't fish there though, too many people all the time and not a lot in return for the hours fished there. But it is popular due to how easy a mark it is to fish. It's the usual, 1 nice fish comes out of 50 sessions fished there between all the anglers, everyone hears about it and the cycle continues, really busy mark with the odd good fish to keep the interest.

Far better marks if you venture down south a little further.

My mate lives in Severn beach and does relay the catches to me, I heard about that bass for example.

My mate won't fish there though, too many people all the time and not a lot in return for the hours fished there. But it is popular due to how easy a mark it is to fish. It's the usual, 1 nice fish comes out of 50 sessions fished there between all the anglers, everyone hears about it and the cycle continues, really busy mark with the odd good fish to keep the interest.

Far better marks if you venture down south a little further.
Yep I rarely bother with such marks, I hate fishing in a crowd.
And as you say, there’s better marks further down channel that are closer to me in any case.
I appreciate though it’s a handy mark for the Midlands lads when they want a few hours without driving a crazy distance.

Back