• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Weekend of beach an boat

Tatunka joe

Reaction score
So Friday headed to branscome for the first of our summer series comps conditions looked bang on for hounds and arfter a slow start and a small but sizeable doggy I saw my rod arch over and arfter a decent scrap I landed a hound of 4.8 lb shortly arfter my mate landed one of 4.10 lb and a nice fatty of 5.12lb unfortunately the fishing died arfter this with only straps for our efforts not sizeable for the comp very strange the dog fish never really showed either but I had points so all good .
today was my first boat trip of the year again out with the club but pleasure fishing only we left beer around 8 tried for macs but we only found 1 there’s a huge pod of dolphins in Lyme bay atm and the theory is they’ve pushed all the macs east towards chisel . Anyway tried gilling for pollock first and I managed 2 on the first drift taken on a bubble gum pink 4 inch red gill the go to lure on the Lyme bay reefs . A couple more pollock come to the boat along with a Beautifully coloured Cuckoo the second and third drift produced nothing and only a small one and a couple of pout on the 4 th rsi drift to the boat . We then headed to a bit of broken ground to try for rays conga and wotever else was around well no rays rays but one lad had a unexpected 2 lb plaice and another had two very unexpected whitening that’s unheard of round here in June ??‍♀️He had a chunky channel chaser mackerel and a small herring we orso managed quite a few straps around the 10 to 15 lb mark and some shoestring rig wreakers and only one dogfish fishing was slow so we moved to a bit of rough ground for the last couple of hrs but just a few more congars made an appearance although there was a bit of exciment when one lad while bringing in a mackerel head an guts was followed by two decent sized tope one of which grabbed hold of the bait but quickly let go everyone whacked on Mac baits to try for them but sadly we vhouldnt find them if only we caught some more fresh bait so that was it and we heade in another month and it will proper kickoff there with the arrival of bream and the big gurnards but a lovely day out and £35 for 8 hrs was worth every penny looking forward to some more boat trips off beer in the comeing months cheers ma Butes 0FFE33DD-E7F0-4C4E-B278-9F656E8539FA.jpegB1F057F1-31ED-42BD-B026-8D8FCAD11807.jpeg25B0320D-64A4-4EA7-9BF9-BBC6457C86D6.jpeg68E7DA56-6551-48E6-A30D-A1B5417D4799.jpegAB393C49-6255-4DAA-BDB0-CE6E5F180E3E.jpeg52B66EB0-BCE5-4373-84BC-50059E49D530.jpegD416AEE3-D9B0-45CE-854B-96D8824CD184.jpeg2AEE76FD-7FBD-4B56-8D1B-C381630537F5.jpeg7E34EA0D-1290-4D6E-BE11-97BFD0FD4504.jpegE874EEC8-D7FF-4BD1-93FF-CEA13545AAB9.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice one mate, sounds like a good day! That looks like a decent reef pollack too?

Thst plaice looks like something has been having a munch on it?

Well done mate, that's a couple of bloody good sessions there, looks absolutely amazing conditions on the boat. Shame about the tope, but I think I'd take them Pollock over a tope any day.

Nice one mate, sounds like a good day! That looks like a decent reef pollack too?

Thst plaice looks like something has been having a munch on it?
Yes mate it was an old wound made by something to be fair we tried putting her back but chouldt get her kicking but it won’t be wasted

Well done mate, that's a couple of bloody good sessions there, looks absolutely amazing conditions on the boat. Shame about the tope, but I think I'd take them Pollock over a tope any day.
I know wot your saying bud but it’s rare go catch tope around there so we were going all out for them reef pollock are pretty common

Gorgeous boat, not a Romany or Mitchell 23 though, do you know what it is..?

Great reports & photos Tats! ?? Well done!

Great job! Nice report, thanks for sharing. ??

Back