• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East Your Favourite Local Tackle Shop

Mike

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Boat
Please post in your favourite local tackle shops below.

Please remember to use one reply per shop.
  • Comments and discussions about the shops will be removed, this is purely a list of shops that people can search down to find one local to them or a venue they will be using.
  • You can use the UPVOTE arrows at the side of each reply to upvote shops you've had excellent service from. These shops will then move in order based on the number of UPVOTES they've had.

Plymouth Angling centre. 01752 787102
Recently moved into this new store in Transit way, Plymouth. Part of the Tesco shopping complex so easy parking.
Large store, good range of Tackle, and their frozen baits are good but not bought fresh baits.

1681735060460.jpeg

Upvote 0
Southwest Sea Baits.
Unit 7, Fish Quay, Plymouth PL4 0LH 01752 777554

Good folk, great store. Always used to buy good fresh baits from here, but haven't been in since they moved to the Fish Quay.

Unfortunately, no tackle shop photo available.

Upvote 0
My favourite one shut down several years ago and tbh the other closest shops I don’t rate terribly highly.

Others aren’t too bad but are even further away.

Upvote 0
Rob's Bait & Tackle.
Pasley street, Stoke, Plymouth.
Good tackle shop, and Rob has a good store on eBay too. Parking can be difficult at times.
Wifey bought me a great windproof lightweight jacket for fishing from here a couple of years ago.

View attachment 43082
Looks like it got bombed in 1940 and no one could be arsed to clear up!

Upvote 0
Looks like it got bombed in 1940 and no one could be arsed to clear up!
It's in one of the poorer parts of the city and a bit like Aladdin's cave. Loads of good Tackle & Bait inside.

Upvote 0
Hastings and pevensey are East Sussex mate, I can assure you we are in the south east of England mate
I thought South East was Essex & Kent.
Sussex is part of the South like it always was on the other Forum.

If Dorset & Wiltshire is the start of the South west,then surely the south is Hampshire ,East & West Sussex(y)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I thought South East was Essex & Kent.
Sussex is part of the South like it always was on the other Forum.

If Dorset & Wiltshire is the start of the South west,then surely the south is Hampshire ,East & West Sussex(y)
If you are south of Hampshire - try the Isle of Wight or France :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0
X, previously Twitter, announced its decision to permit political advertising in the US from candidates and parties, along with an expansion of its safety and elections team before the 2024 presidential election.
kraken6.at
The company now owned by Elon Musk has banned global political ads since 2019 but allowed cause-based ads in the US since January. This change could boost X’s revenue as advertisers have been cautious due to content concerns. X plans to counter content manipulation and create an advertising transparency center to display promoted political ads. The company remains committed to barring ads spreading false information or undermining election confidence. Criticized like other platforms, X faces scrutiny for its readiness post-Musk’s acquisition, especially after staff layoffs including trust and safety team members.

Difficult words: counter (to speak or act in opposition to), bar (to prohibit), scrutiny (careful and detailed examination).
kraken1.at
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
Fook off Ronald or we’ll call the hamburgler

Upvote 0
Back