• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North East ?

I tried the boiler hole at blackhall rocks with a mate he had a flounder I had a whiting fished an hour after low nothing then decided to go to Hendon prom for high water somewhere out of the wind nothing for both of us. Can't work out what we doing wrong we haven't changed tactics that's caught us fish over the years we just not catching. And it was bloody cold couldn't feel my fingers for most the night.

Last chance for a low water shot over the hard ground with the tides dropping off got down couple of hours before low wade across to North Rock try give myself as much time as possible either side of low water got 3 rigs ready for baiting up the usual crab lug cart wings bluey squid got enough bait partly defrosted for 6 casts rest in cooler bag baited rigs hanging on tripod are freezing up its that cold ? get cast out and its bites from the off but nothing to jump at give it a few minutes then check bait out go's another and its same again small constant knocks this one hangs itself small codling each cast is the same upto low water nothing of size stick it out for an hour of the flood see if that better fish shows but its more of the same decide to call it a night pointless using anymore good bait on these & get off this rock while the goings good View attachment 4127View attachment 4128View attachment 4132View attachment 4133View attachment 4131
Well done Grinner, not a blank just a shame the one you caught didn't have an extra few pounds on it.

I tried the boiler hole at blackhall rocks with a mate he had a flounder I had a whiting fished an hour after low nothing then decided to go to Hendon prom for high water somewhere out of the wind nothing for both of us. Can't work out what we doing wrong we haven't changed tactics that's caught us fish over the years we just not catching. And it was bloody cold couldn't feel my fingers for most the night.
Good effort Stevie, numerous location but fish not in the mood, bar a whiting.

The water temperatures` still dropping down here and unless there is a weather pattern change will continue for another couple of months,it`s a shame really as the only time we`re weed free the weather and fishing is rubbish (apart from the occasional hot spot!) Keep your chins up fella`s it won`t be long before the Spring species start to filter through...Alan

Least you gave it a go and had some codling! Never know a proper cod might turn up!

Good write ups and pics Grinner, that first bait looks like it would go well with a nice bit of salad. You deserved a lunker with that menu (y)

Back