• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast 2 new species, 3 new PB's and 3 extremely smelly fisherman

DJDBazzer

Reaction score
Hi all.
Steve, Steve and I decided to head to Wales last week to try for some tope.
The trip was planned for last year but had to be cancelled for obvious reasons.
The plan was to fish several different marks, fishing the highs that were around 1-3pm and 1-3am.
All of the sessions were fairly quiet, with a scurry of action at the top of the tide, as expected.
We had a load of species, 8 in total I believe. I had my first ever spurdog (we all thought it was a tope initially) and Steve managed to wangle out his first shore caught tope, at 28lb.

I'm not sure how many steps we put in but it must have been a lot...

IMG_20211013_200217_469.jpg

20211014_134849.jpg

We arrived back on Friday and after some much needed sleep, I decided to head to the Purbecks for what would probably be my last chance of the year to wangle out a specimen bream.

It was an absolutely stunning morning, driving past Corfe Castle with a blanket of fog sweeping through the Purbeck Hills, I couldn't help but smile on my way down to the mark.

Baits hit the water at 9.30am ish and I didn't have to wait long for a bite. I gripped my fishing rod and pulled into a hard fighting fish that could only have been a bream. Some careful maneuvering and I eventually had a good size bream on the cliff top, weighing 2lb 4oz.

20211016_105501.jpg

Unfortunately, and surprisingly, that was the only bream landed, so the quest for a 3lber will have to wait.

As well as the bream, I also had a PB gar.

I didnt weigh it, but it was huge, and put up an awesome scrap.

DSCN5510-2.jpg

Great report and pics, well done on the fish you had, some beauties there (y) (y)

Nice one Dave! Blimey you’re high up on that mark!

Who was smelling then? ?

Great session, well dangled lads. (y)

Ian.

Thanks all for the kind words. Tope, spurdog, bream and hopefully a cod this week. Got to love autumn (y) :p ;)

Back