• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West 2 trips the last week.

Si-fly

Reaction score
Hi all, afraid I was slacking last week.

I did join Gruu and another couple of mates on a windy Monday looking for bass, but it was pretty dire tbh.

A small bass for Gruu and just 2 straps to about 6lbIMG_20210927_163456_resize_5~2.jpgand a small huss for me. IMG_20210927_182516~3_resize_41.jpgthink my other mate may have blanked, can't remember now.

After that I took the week off from fishing, and had a couple of days kitesurfing in the strong winds ?

Today I fancied a fish, so with a break in the weather I headed out to local mark after sole/bass. I was rayed out last time I tried to fish here at night, so was hoping the bright sun might put them off this time!

I arrived early and first cast produced a ray! ?.... Oh no not again I thought, but as it turned out that was it down to low... Was hoping for more tbh, as it did look very bassy with rollers crashing up the reef. IMG_20211003_090751_resize_19.jpg

Low came and went, and the waves jacked up.... I was suffering a bit with tangled rigs and dragging 175g leads, so shortened the rigs and hoped that as the tide started to run a bit, the rigs would stretch out and not tumble as much.

Think it must have worked as I soon had another ray on a perfect rig.
Then another ray.

A big slack and a kiting fish felt like something different, and I soon beached a lovely bass of 6lb 6oz...happy days. IMG_20211003_122531~2_resize_59.jpgwell worth the early start, and a nice fat fish which went in a rock pool to recover.

Fresh baits out and another ray!

Then i was into another bass, it got dragged by the breaking waves, but I finally got it in, and again a lovely fish going 6lb 4oz this time.
A quick pic of both and off they swam. IMG_20211003_132433~2_resize_52.jpgwhat a trip this was turning out to be, happy was an understatement!

Think it was then more rays and a strap, before yet another bass, and the best of the day going 8lb 1 ?IMG_20211003_134208~2_resize_80.jpg
I was now buzzing, and near the end of the session.

2 more rays and I was done... A total of 3 bass 8 rays and a strap.IMG_20211003_143454~2_resize_48.jpg
Cheers Si.

Back