• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North Wales 2023 season recap.

Andy 1965

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
Before I turn my attention to dirty bait fishing for the winter, I thought I would take a look back at my 2023 lure fishing season.

It’s certainly been a busy one in terms of time spent chasing the devious silver buggers, with a total of more than 310 hours of fishing time in 62 sessions, over the course of 33 weeks, but it’s also been busy on the catching front.

Things started off brilliantly, and I reached the 100 bass mark on July 11th, a whole month earlier than I ever have previously (y). After such a busy first 3 months, I even hoped I might possibly be able to reach the 200 mark, but unfortunately things have slowed down over the last month or so, meaning I finished well short of that milestone. It isn’t all bad though and I’m still more than happy with a new PB total of 165 bass caught, 19 higher than my previous best :cool:.

As reflected in my productive start to the season, I was actually averaging almost 6 bass per session at one point, but this has now dropped slightly to 2.66 bass per outing, only marginally better than my 2022 average, due to me having fished 7 more sessions over the course of the year.

As far as big fish are concerned the season hasn’t really lived up to expectations, and my best bass were 2 fish of 58cm, roughly 4.75lb. Despite the lack of any big bass though, I’ve caught good numbers of 50cm+ fish, so things are looking good for future seasons ;).

It hasn’t been all one species either, and as well as the usual bass, sea trout, and pollack, I also caught a new PB garfish 72cm long, and my first ever doggie, hooked fair and square on a lure 😄.

So these are a few of my favourite pictures from my 2023 season, and here’s hoping for another year to remember in 2024 🤞.
Bass - 43 2023.jpg

Bass - 3 2023.jpg

Bass - 156 2023.jpg

Bass - 158 2023.jpg

Dog July 11th 2023.jpg

Sea Trout - 3 2023.jpg

Garfish 72cm 23rd May 2323.jpg

Bass - 95 2023.jpg

Bass - 138 2023.jpg

Bass - 35 2023.jpg

You have certainly put the hours in Andy, and had some cracking fish. Great pics too, nice one mate.. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Back