• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast 22 round up

geejayy

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
2022 round up

miserabl bloody year, 12 species from 8 trips nothing special.

early trips were scrappy into the solent though found a reasonable smut & thorneback at the usual spot in may both about the 6lb mark.

i fished both ends of chesil in june with scrappy results, maywater was still in for 1st session. between these two i went to milford which was slow.

august found me doing the unthinkable thing and going abroad to foreign shores & not alone. ..... ok, so it was wales with ian (greenheart) on a sole hunt at goldcliffe, fun day but failed.

september found me thinking of cod, and there were reports of small codling all along the south coast again this year, couldn't find one on chesil but nailed one first cast at hurst shingle at end of september , could only find a few bream to go with it & i've not been out since,
ti'll be back in '23
thanks for listening .

2022 round up

miserabl bloody year, 12 species from 8 trips nothing special.

early trips were scrappy into the solent though found a reasonable smut & thorneback at the usual spot in may both about the 6lb mark.

i fished both ends of chesil in june with scrappy results, maywater was still in for 1st session. between these two i went to milford which was slow.

august found me doing the unthinkable thing and going abroad to foreign shores & not alone. ..... ok, so it was wales with ian (greenheart) on a sole hunt at goldcliffe, fun day but failed.

september found me thinking of cod, and there were reports of small codling all along the south coast again this year, couldn't find one on chesil but nailed one first cast at hurst shingle at end of september , could only find a few bream to go with it & i've not been out since,
ti'll be back in '23
thanks for listening .
Hi Gordon

It was a tough year in many respects we have had a lot of volume of fish but not a lot of quality, the Autumn saved us this year with a few magic sessions other than that is was bloody hard work.

Good report/round up GJ. Wishing you better luck for 2023. 🎣🎣👍👍

Back