• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West 2nd time this week

John Mitchell

Reaction score
Went back to MB pier again to use up worms from Tuesday, exactly the same as Tuesday a bit breezy, so I set up 2 rods about 30 yards away from a guy bottom fishing and the other side of me a guy fluff chucking , about 5 minutes after both rods are out one starts going to the right , then the other shit matey on the end has cast right along the pier and snagged me , I shouted to him and he is still yanking his rod like a mad man thinking he had something big , I had to hold both rods now as he is pulling so hard , eventually he stopped and said you caught me , he said are you jumping down here of course I couldn’t, he had tangled one line and got the other well and truly snagged. So after rigging up again off I go again , I packed up about 11pm after all the worm was gone , all I got was a few pouting, still a nice night to be out . This guy reminded me why I don’t fish MB in the summer months .

Good report John, but it sounds like the idiots were out. I didn't really see what happened on Tuesday when that foriegn guy snagged my line. We were so far apart, he must have been casting parallel to the pier! ????

Good report John, but it sounds like the idiots were out. I didn't really see what happened on Tuesday when that foriegn guy snagged my line. We were so far apart, he must have been casting parallel to the pier! ????
I think that they think if they cast toward you they can catch your fish

Eugh, bad luck John. It’s the main reason why I generally avoid piers like the plague!
Yes mr fish I normally only fish MB in the winter when it’s to rough for other places , it can throw up good fish in the winter , codling , big 2lb whiting, I don’t think you can blank there in the dark in the winter ,

yep wont belong now, I will have to get me other half to drop me off when fishing in the bay.

Well done jhon bey bloody fluff chuckers next time if you wined in at the same time yer braid will cut his nylon like knife thru butter bud ?

Back