• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East A couple of hours on the promenade with lures.

Seaside Malc

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
I decided to have a couple of hours out today as the worst of the weed has gone and the kids are back in school.
Location, the promenade just along from West Bay cafe, behind Westgate pavilion.
Wednesday saw the wind change direction and really stirred things up and I was hopeful but when I got there, it was an easterly breeze and that normally makes it hard going round here and today was no exception.
A couple of hours was enough for me and I packed up and went home with a blank and had tea and cakes as a consolation prize.
Lures used were the usual savage gear selection.
There were three other people fishing and they hadn’t had anything by the time I went. When I got back round to the beach huts there was a guy with a beachcaster out and he was sitting under a parasol with a drink outside his hut and I thought he had the right idea.
I did think about trying the other side of the bay but there were a lot of people swimming and paddle boarding when I went past so home it was.
The rod rest that I made for the mobility scooter worked well and it does make life easier for me.
I could see Reculver towers looking west from my spot and the dull looking Turner centre in Margate to the east.
IMG_7117.jpegIMG_7120.jpegIMG_7121.jpeg
IMG_7122.jpeg

Nice rod rest mod. Picture of my modified mobility scooter. Same as yours, but stripped down. Never used it, but its there when l need it. Note the mortar launching tubes for rods and rest! I got it for free and thought why not!
20211210_154438.jpg

Nice rod rest mod. Picture of my modified mobility scooter. Same as yours, but stripped down. Never used it, but its there when l need it. Note the mortar launching tubes for rods and rest! I got it for free and thought why not!
View attachment 51136
I was going to make something similar to what I had on my boat gantry for holding rods and fit it on the back. That way I can have two rods with me and have one with bait out while I’m using a lure. By bait out I mean live prawn under a float along the wall of the promenade.

View attachment 51136
Be a bit high sitting on top of that box, wont it!

Nice report & photos Malc. Well done for getting out - shame no Fishies wanted to play ball. 🎣🎣👍👍

Be a bit high sitting on top of that box, wont it!
Wind in whats left of my hair. Its really a stand up jobbie as l don't have any mobility issues, unless l have just fallen off a roof or out of a tree l am cutting down. All recent adventures!

Nice report Malc, shame you blanked, love the scooter mods....Better luck next time mate.. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Back