• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North East A day out

Stevie69

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Decided to head down to my local beach today for a couple of hours. It was a block tide low water at 3 o'clock got there for 12.30. sea was flatIMG20220109123123.jpg and the sun was out I wasn't expecting much. Got to where I wanted to be and two lads who I know we're fishing my locals club comp 11- 4. They'd had nothing about 1.30 I had a tiny little rattle resulted in a pin whiting. Then about 3 I had a flounder about 6 inches long. The other two lads had 2 flounders each all sized to weigh in. I left at 3.30. good to be out and happy I didn't blank. I'll get the big one next time??

Block tide ?

Never heard the term, what does it mean Stevie ?

Looks dead flat with no movement or at least very little .

Dave

A block tide is when there is very little ebb for instance a 4.2 m high tide and a 2.1 low tide.

I did a search but could not find any reference to “ Block tides” at all except for the term being used for an on line marketing company, and other media links .

I had an inkling myself you may have meant neap tides seeing the sea state .
In over 40 years of beach and charter fishing as a crewman I have never heard the term.

I may be wrong but the term” block tide” may be a local North Eastern term for neaps .

Every day is a school day.

?

Dave

I did a search but could not find any reference to “ Block tides” at all except for the term being used for an on line marketing company, and other media links .

I had an inkling myself you may have meant neap tides seeing the sea state .
In over 40 years of beach and charter fishing as a crewman I have never heard the term.

I may be wrong but the term” block tide” may be a local North Eastern term for neaps .

Every day is a school day.

?

Dave
Yeah that's the term we use up here on the colliery beaches as far as I can remember old fishermen saying it's a block tide not worth fishing the beaches. I always thought neaps go with haggis and tatties ?

Looks like a nice enough place for a dangle but I'd need a seat these days.

Nice photo, well done not blanking!

Back