• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

A few fish at last

John Mitchell

Reaction score
After great disscusion with the gang we decided to go to east devon after bass , we hoped they were on holiday there .
After a frustrating drive up in the grockle traffic we arrived , then began the long hike whew it was a long walk , we fished all the way to the end of the beach with nil bites between 3 of us , then at the end of the beach I managed to find 2 little pollack.Then I decided to start a slow walk back along the beach fishing as I walked , then mulligan arrived late as always ?.He decided to Carry on along the beach to where nick was fishing , I reached some rocks , then out of the blue a decent fish grabbed my seaker , wow I thought a bass but sadly not it was a nice wrasse I did not weigh him but it was around 3lb , a great fight at last .
then I had a couple more pollack then the mackerel appeared and as I walked along the beach as dusk was coming and the strawberry moon came out it was ok a big orange thing in the sky .
we got back to the path to get off the beach as darkness fell .
my total was 5 pollack , 1 wrasse and 7 mackerel, the others had 3 fish between them ?.Then the long journey home ,
the entire motor way work force were out all the way from exeter to plymouth with a long diversion thrown in for good luck , I got home 11.45pm nackered .41F184F4-CB95-4304-AF5A-462570EE3AC7.jpeg702FF63F-E84A-4EAE-92F0-8A32E7A5A4A0.jpegE03D9A41-5049-4755-B7FD-EFE979DF9AA6.jpeg34866868-7F72-4A76-91A8-EBE168D9321A.jpeg

After great disscusion with the gang we decided to go to east devon after bass , we hoped they were on holiday there .
After a frustrating drive up in the grockle traffic we arrived , then began the long hike whew it was a long walk , we fished all the way to the end of the beach with nil bites between 3 of us , then at the end of the beach I managed to find 2 little pollack.Then I decided to start a slow walk back along the beach fishing as I walked , then mulligan arrived late as always ?.He decided to Carry on along the beach to where nick was fishing , I reached some rocks , then out of the blue a decent fish grabbed my seaker , wow I thought a bass but sadly not it was a nice wrasse I did not weigh him but it was around 3lb , a great fight at last .
then I had a couple more pollack then the mackerel appeared and as I walked along the beach as dusk was coming and the strawberry moon came out it was ok a big orange thing in the sky .
we got back to the path to get off the beach as darkness fell .
my total was 5 pollack , 1 wrasse and 7 mackerel, the others had 3 fish between them ?.Then the long journey home ,
the entire motor way work force were out all the way from exeter to plymouth with a long diversion thrown in for good luck , I got home 11.45pm nackered .View attachment 10925View attachment 10926View attachment 10927View attachment 10928
Long way to go John, but a great report and excellent photos! ???

Back