• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North Wales A good day out

OCTOSPUD

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Boat
Went for a trip out on the boat this afternoon, after a catalog of disasters?.
Firstly the alternator on the truck died on the way to porth colmon, launched the boat and 200yds out the engine started making a loud ticking noise, sounded like a tappit sticking, I was gutted, I put my head down and clocked the fuel barb was disconnected from the engine, plugged it in and she fired up with no ticking, it was the empty fuel pump I could hear.
Then we motored down to lightning rock where I grabbed a rod and went to open the tackle box, what tackle box ?.
A quick phone call to the missus to bring it down to the beach and we tramped back to colmon, she wouldn’t carry it down the hill to whistling sands ?.
So finally we got to do some fishing, lots of pollock from the off with a couple of nice fish landed, even managed a unicorn ?.
We stayed till two hours after low and were still non stop catching.
On the way back we had a hour feathering for mackerel but only caught two, nice size though. 2CA519F3-6647-4197-B50C-615A6E3A51DE.jpeg14BD5568-E97A-48ED-94B6-7EE3F0348E65.jpeg7E6B6F40-927D-4CE2-A57E-4A8461E7218C.jpeg

Glad to hear your luck improved eventually, nice session in the end (y).

Back