• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast A mixed few days of weather and results ...

Ive had some fun at Spurn but never saw a cod. Got a few turbot, flounder and schoolies though.
I remember doing an all-nighter there once. I cast out at high tide and sat next to my rod in a camping chair. Next thing i know, it was daylight and i could see my line all the way down the beach straight in front of me to the end tackle, still some 10 yards short of the low tide line ?
Slept well though!

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I remember one all nighter there, me and my mate were fishing the seaward side and blinding snow was blowing straight into our faces - it became miserable and we could hardly see anything. So we decided to walk over the road onto the river side to get a bit of shelter, it worked out better and soon had a couple of cod each. As the night went on I had a good bite, struck hard and then had a hell of a battle in the atrocious conditions and couldn't believe it when I saw I'd only caught a small codling! Then we saw the line wrapped around the end gear! We pulled for ages and finally saw another codling but then kept pulling and got a rod and reel as well!
Half an hour later a bloke appeared out of the murk, he'd been on the end of the lifeboat station jetty and told his tale of seeing a bite then his rod disappearing over the rails!

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I remember one all nighter there, me and my mate were fishing the seaward side and blinding snow was blowing straight into our faces - it became miserable and we could hardly see anything. So we decided to walk over the road onto the river side to get a bit of shelter, it worked out better and soon had a couple of cod each. As the night went on I had a good bite, struck hard and then had a hell of a battle in the atrocious conditions and couldn't believe it when I saw I'd only caught a small codling! Then we saw the line wrapped around the end gear! We pulled for ages and finally saw another codling but then kept pulling and got a rod and reel as well!
Half an hour later a bloke appeared out of the murk, he'd been on the end of the lifeboat station jetty and told his tale of seeing a bite then his rod disappearing over the rails!

Hahaha! I like that little story! I've heard of tripods falling over & rods disappearing, but never hauling in somebody else's rod & gear! ??

Another cracking report, love the colours on the cuttles :)

Back