• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North Wales A quick update.

Andy 1965

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
I’ve just got back from a week’s holiday in the Lake District and though I managed to fit in a couple of sessions in the days before I left, I didn’t have time to post a report, so here is a quick update.

The first session of the week started off quite slowly, and I fished the remaining 3 and a half hours of daylight without seeing any signs of life whatsoever, but as darkness fell, a move along the coast resulted in a change of fortune. Things started off just as slowly at this new mark, but as darkness proper fell, sport finally got going and in the last 90 minutes of the flood I managed to tempt bass number 78, 79 and 80 of the year ?.
Bass-78_2022.jpg

Bass-79_2022.jpg

Bass-80_2022.jpg

As the tide turned and began to ebb, the fishing went off the boil again so I decided to call it a night and save myself for the next session.

I would have liked to fish somewhere different for my second outing, but unfortunately the wind direction wasn’t great, so I was forced to fish the same venue again. After the previous session you would have thought I wouldn’t bother rushing back there in daylight, but I’m not one for sitting at home when there’s fishing to be done ? and I ended up with a lure in the water 5 minutes earlier than I had been my previous visit ?.

Once more, the daylight fishing was pretty dire but I was still hopeful that things would pick up after dark again, unfortunately though, things didn’t work out quite like I planned. With high tide 30 minutes later, I had to wait that little bit longer for the action to start but when it did, the bass weren’t quite as committed as they had been 24 hours earlier. They were so finicky in fact that over the last 2 hours of the flood I missed no fewer than 8 hits! ?

I put it down the attackers being small schoolies, but no matter what I tried I couldn’t get any of them to connect with my lures. I tried smaller lures and different retrieve speeds but it soon became clear that this wasn’t what the fish wanted. They would only touch the Mishna, which sadly only resulted in more missed hits ?.

Eventually I couldn’t take any more and I called it quits at 1am, ready for a few days break from some increasingly difficult fishing.

Well done Andy. Great report as ever.

Strange but my last 2 Bass were both under 1lb (guessing a couple of years old). Smallest I’ve seen for a few years. Are these the covid babes starting to show?

Back