• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North East A school night out?

Stevie69

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
As I mentioned the other day I've took the day off tomorrow to take custards mother to hospital and I would be venturing out tonight.low water was at 21.15 and 0.8m I couldn't resist going to my favorite beach crimdon. Got there for 1900hrs met up with my mate from work Dan. I didn't have a clue where the holes or gullies were due to me being at work ( bad lad should of done my homework). So we fished it blind hoping to be in the right place. The sea was still away after the northerly winds the last couple of days but was dying off. On the menu tonight was lug squid and yellowsIMG20211104202816.jpg. 1st cast I put one out as far as I could it held the bottom perfect IMG20211104201749.jpgmy mate Dan on the other hand couldn't hold even with a 7oz I was using 6oz. Just as I was about to wind in to check my bait ooooo a little rattle resulting with this little fellow IMG20211104195510.jpghe was returned safe and sound.just as the tide turned my rod was banging like a shit house door in a force ten gale then slack line I wound down felt a couple of taps struck and ended up with this a little codling wahooo IMG20211104210744.jpg he weighed 2lb 6oz on Dan's scales the way the rod was banging I thought he was much bigger and I want a bigger one so he went back safely.Dan was still having a nightmare trying to hold bottom and ended up blanking. That was it nothing else it was a bit on the heavy side still but I'm going to Have a look in the morning and scope the holes and gullies out for tomorrow night as we've still got loads of bait left. Sorry for the quality of the pics I was shivering like shivering thing on shivering day. Hopefully another report tomorrow night.

Nice report Stevie, and well done on the Codling! ????

Holy hell!! So THAT’s what a cod looks like!!
Top dangling bud ??

Back