• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

AFAW BASS PRO mk1

Reevsey

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Hi all i recently purchased this from another member and have decided its not what i needed . So was wondering if anybody wants to swap it for a 12ft AFAW estuary mk2 . Rod must be in mint condition.
Cheers for reading .

Hi all i recently purchased this from another member and have decided its not what i needed . So was wondering if anybody wants to swap it for a 12ft AFAW estuary mk2 . Rod must be in mint condition.
Cheers for reading .
What is it you don’t like about the AFAW BASS PRO?

What is it you don’t like about the AFAW BASS PRO?
Its not that i dislike the rod its just not what i expected. My opinion of this rod is that its not a bass rod but a short proper beach rod . Its very powerfull and great to cast its down side is its incredibly tip heavy. Ive used it with a spinfisher 4500 liveliner which doesnt compensate the heavy tip . Ive found that using it with fathom 12 low down is the only way i can balance it . I was in market for a 12ft AFAW estuary rod and thought this could do what i wanted and a bit more . Which it can but i think the estuary rod is more the type of rod i was looking for .
Not knocking AFAW they make good rods but this rod feels cumbersome against my usual go to rods Century tip tornado graphex supermatch..

Its not that i dislike the rod its just not what i expected. My opinion of this rod is that its not a bass rod but a short proper beach rod . Its very powerfull and great to cast its down side is its incredibly tip heavy. Ive used it with a spinfisher 4500 liveliner which doesnt compensate the heavy tip . Ive found that using it with fathom 12 low down is the only way i can balance it . I was in market for a 12ft AFAW estuary rod and thought this could do what i wanted and a bit more . Which it can but i think the estuary rod is more the type of rod i was looking for .
Not knocking AFAW they make good rods but this rod feels cumbersome against my usual go to rods Century tip tornado graphex supermatch..
Appreciate the reply. I’m actually looking at adding one that I would be using with a Fathom II 12 reel down targeting Smoothound, Rays etc over cleaner grounds. Might even let my lad use it with a Shimano Ultegra when he fished with me as it’s shorter than my other AFAW rods.

Appreciate the reply. I’m actually looking at adding one that I would be using with a Fathom II 12 reel down targeting Smoothound, Rays etc over cleaner grounds. Might even let my lad use it with a Shimano Ultegra when he fished with me as it’s shorter than my other AFAW rods.
Ideal for that 👌. Im in south devon if you wanna try it out your more than welcome .

See if Gary (Chalton) wants the rod back Reevsey.. :)

Ian.

On a separate not colin.... I recently took some rods out of storage.
In there are about five mint or new okd school daiwa or greys bass rods.
There are four top end daiwas and a greys bze 12.5ft 3-5oz which have a big following all need to go, I bought three zziplex trinitys which will be my bass rods from here on in.
Next time we are out try them if you like and pick one out.
Dont ask for the daiwa model numbers i dont have them but they will all be the top models all made with whisker braid in them otherwise I would not own them.

There are four top end daiwas and a greys bze 12.5ft 3-5oz which have a big following all need to go, I bought three zziplex trinitys which will be my bass rods from here on in.
Dont ask for the daiwa model numbers i dont have them but they will all be the top models all made with whisker braid in them otherwise I would not own them.
Nice one Pete . Could be interested in either daiwa or greys . Probably keep the AFAW it'll get used some time

Your loft must be like the Tardis Pete... 🤣

Ian.

Your loft must be like the Tardis Pete... 🤣

Ian.
I took the rods out of storage.. three big holdalls.... to add to other big holdalls.
To give an idea of the madness i have three team daiwa amorphous 2-8oz uptiders I thought i had sold in 2018.
Alba handmade carbon heavy salmon rod.... and probably 30 others.

Back