• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Aldeburgh parking

Leecobby

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Hi I’m looking to fish Aldeburgh tomorrow, wanting to just park up and preferably go straight onto the beach. Any idea of car parking and perhaps road name for a satnav so I can go straight there? Thanks in advance.

It been a few years since I've been done there now, but when we used to go regularly, you could park anywhere along slaughden bank and fish from your car. You drive south through the town and when the road stops, carry on driving along the gravel carpark area and at the end, take the left up the hill onto the bank (right track goes to the yacht club), you could park all along there and the beach was usually 6" to about 8' below you depending on where you parked and what sort of weather damage the beach had.
I don't know what the ground is like now but it used to be quite snaggy all along the bank til you got the other side of the Martello tower.
Good luck today.

Cheers all, there is a pay per hr car park but you can drive through and fish almost out of your car for free it seems as Craig said above. I fished from 6:45 until around 11:30 high tide being around 10:15 horrendously windy and not much action except for 2 whiting at 30cm which I put back, both on squid with nothing on lug. Thanks for the info ?

Back