• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Anyfishanywhere 6nbait

Hi everyone just joined the forum has anyone done a review on the above rods almost decided to get two of them
Many thanks
I have a pair. A 13' and a 14' both rung for fixed spool. They are okay rods. Not the lightest or the most sensitive but they do have their place in my tool kit.
As the name suggests, they are designed to be used with 6oz of lead and a (proper) bait. If you want to cast 4oz and a lugworm for flatties, look elsewhere.
These are quite stiff rods, they need the heavy lead and bait to help compress the blank during the cast. Fish too light and you'll struggle to get enough bend in them during the cast which will ultimately cost you distance.
I use these when fishing in mixed to rough ground or when battling really strong tides.
If you want something similar but more versatile look at the century fireblade gt. A similar strength blank but the glass tip improves bite sensitivity.

As above, six n baits are quite heavy rods, and more for the heavier ground type of fishing, plenty use them in the BC I believe.. (y)

Ian.

Again as above, look for something with a glass tip to give bite sensitivity but also to potentially hold in the tide better?
I purchased a pair of T-800’s back in the summer…something I never thought I would do but I have to say that with the glass tip I tend to use them for pretty much all my fishing
The fire blade gt would be a good alternative?

Again as above, look for something with a glass tip to give bite sensitivity but also to potentially hold in the tide better?
I purchased a pair of T-800’s back in the summer…something I never thought I would do but I have to say that with the glass tip I tend to use them for pretty much all my fishing
The fire blade gt would be a good alternative?
I'm in a similar boat with my Graphex supermatch rods. The 6&baits do have a bit more backbone though.

They are good rods but a bit top heavy , I use mine occasionaly but I prefer rods with glass tips(such as the Daiwa Supercast).
I've also got a Fireblade (not the glass tip one) and it's lighter and slimmer but a stiff rod all the same .

And welcome from me to TSF philthefish.. (y) (y)

Ian.

Hi everyone just joined the forum has anyone done a review on the above rods almost decided to get two of them
Many thanks
As others have said, glass tipped Rods are better for bite detection, and less likely to pull your lead out in strong tides, or explode soft baits when casting, Fireblade GT is a good choice.. (y)

Ian.

Back