• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

ASSO Mono

jambop

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
Hi I am thinking about buying some ASSO Primo mono anybody any experience with ASSO mono is it good enough for clean ground and float fishing ?

Hi I am thinking about buying some ASSO Primo mono anybody any experience with ASSO mono is it good enough for clean ground and float fishing ?
In a word yes I’ve got some and it’s fine make sure you wet before you tie your knots it’s not like Amnesia but it’s good enough for clean ground mate ?

asso classic does it's job I use it often .
twists a little more than other lines in lighter breaking strains but 20lbs plus it's fine

Been using it as a stand in for my preferred rovex 10x.
Seems to be a good line.

.35 and .40

Last time I went to buy some, no one had it in stock so I chose asso. No complaints so far!

Asso seemed to suddenly arrive on the scene a few years ago? Out of interest does anyone know if they had a previous trade name or who makes the Asso branded lines and where they're manufactured?

Asso is made by Gruppo, an Italian line manufacturer i believe, they have been making fishing line since 1970.

Ian.

Somebody recommended Asso mono to me last year and I've got a couple of spools of it. I think the last one I bought from Norm at Breakaway tackle. I've put around 29Lb BS on my Surfblaster II & very pleased with it so far. It's an OK from me! ??

I bought Classic in 30lb and it was as springy as feck when I first used it, but it did seem to loosen up as I used it.
Initially it felt like trying to wind a fistful of pubes on to the reel!

I liked the ultracast in orange 1/2kg spools... Great on a multi.

Also use classic in 60,70,80,100 for shock leader and rigs... Good cheap line for that... Works fine in the channel.

Back